Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather here finally letting up a little (high of only 90 or so) Also been getting al lot of rain, the ground is pretty saturated. Just now getting out with my F75se purchased this spring. I hunt a church where people have been gathering since the 1850's that I feel has been pretty much cherry-picked, but should still hold some goodies (6-7- acres) Today I was getting quarter signals at 12 inches using the 5" coil. I know everyone is going to say "just go ahead and dig" but in order to get that deep I'll have to dig a crater sized hole, since the soil is really rocky. Will that small coil go that deep? I know the wet ground will make a big difference, but that seems pretty deep. May try to check it out again tommorrow, just don't want to trash the church grounds, it is the Lord's house.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben Tover said:
Weather here finally letting up a little (high of only 90 or so) Also been getting al lot of rain, the ground is pretty saturated. Just now getting out with my F75se purchased this spring. I hunt a church where people have been gathering since the 1850's that I feel has been pretty much cherry-picked, but should still hold some goodies (6-7- acres) Today I was getting quarter signals at 12 inches using the 5" coil. I know everyone is going to say "just go ahead and dig" but in order to get that deep I'll have to dig a crater sized hole, since the soil is really rocky. Will that small coil go that deep? I know the wet ground will make a big difference, but that seems pretty deep. May try to check it out again tommorrow, just don't want to trash the church grounds, it is the Lord's house.

The target may not be that deep as depth varies on the F75 and if your getting a reading saying it's a quarter then I would dig. Cut a plug and put a rag on the ground to collect your dirt when you empty the hole, recover the target and refill then put the plug back and nobody will know you where there. Happy Hunting

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
The set up you have has a max depth of around 10.5 inches
in neutral soil on a dime.
I would say a little less in your soil.
My 5 inch coil tends to read deeper than it is.
Or the target is smaller than a coin so thy seem deeper to the machine.
Most machines are factory set up for a coin size objects so bigger items like a lid will be deeper
and small items will be shallower than readings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread