face rock two

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
IMAG0485.jpg IMAG0486.jpg IMAG0486.jpg IMAG0486.jpg . IMAG0488.jpg IMAG0486.jpg here are the pics hippy, they locked the other face thread. Thanks Justintime.

OP
OP
Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
20130418_215415.jpg 20130418_215759.jpg 20130418_215706.jpg 20130418_215644.jpg found these several feet from one another. Justsharing not trying to makeyou mad. What we see depends mmainly on what we look for. Thanks Justintime

OP
OP
Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty cool rocks on faces, yet clouds, wood grain , ect will produce same affect.

. Yea, I know, thought it was Kool, so I posted.

Well, what happens is many people post geofacts, which are rocks mimicking artifacts. Some accept the collected knowledge of the artifact community to which they post. Some fight it. Some regular members are short and curt in ID'ing the object. "It's just a rock" would be such a reply. Truthful. Sometimes frustration will show through on the part of knowledgable members simply because the site is about artifacts, and the rocks in question are not artifacts. Happens on all the forums. And if some members themselves don't get along, that does not help at all, and only ends up locking threads. Here is something you might like. A small sandstone pebble that is a head, arms, and body rock:laughing7: Just kidding you. Point is, real ones will leave no doubt. image.jpg ....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes even thought you know justintime that it is NOT an artifact please try to keep the post to artifacts. You have some good stuff. By the way I have all the maps prior to impoundment as well and Kneeberg and Lewis wrote some good books prior to flooding.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, what happens is many people post geofacts, which are rocks mimicking artifacts. Some accept the collected knowledge of the artifact community to which they post. Some fight it. Some regular members are short and curt in ID'ing the object. "It's just a rock" would be such a reply. Truthful. Sometimes frustration will show through on the part of knowledgable members simply because the site is about artifacts, and the rocks in question are not artifacts. Happens on all the forums. And if some members themselves don't get along, that does not help at all, and only ends up locking threads. Here is something you might like. A small sandstone pebble that is a head, arms, and body rock:laughing7: Just kidding you. Point is, real ones will leave no doubt. View attachment 823699 ....

hey hey charl i agree
also that piece in your hand is very unique......i sure would have taken it home

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That face rock looks cool. Id of picked it up if I had found it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread