Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent a few days gathering Oregon Sun Stones and am looking for someone who would be willing to facet them. I believe the person should have some knowledge of how to approach the facet objective to read the best outcome of the stone. Anyone know of a person who would be willing to facet 3 stones? I am willing to barter and trade etc. I gathered about a qt jar of stones and would be willing to get more rough stones. Color seems to be the key issue for value and "rare stones" are those of red or green. Personally I found the clears to be beautiful once they were faceted. My 3 stones I want faceted are grade termed "watermelon". I would be willing to discuss this with someone.

Bejay

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
There may still be a shop in Depoe Bay that had a lot of cut and faceted Oregon opal and sunstone, among other things. I have not had occasion to stop for anything but the spouting horns in several years, so I can not say for sure if they are even there. If they are, it could be a place to ask.

Time for more coffee.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am a faceter. Gemstoneartist/John is very knowledgeable and a good guy, well respected in the industry.
John Franke sounds familiar to.

There are quite a few in the US, I also remember Mike:
The Gemstone man

Upvote 0

Rasputin

Dec 11, 2008
Ho Hum Hollow, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was going to pipe up and say that Eu citizen was a faceter, but I figured he would come forward on his own. I am building a faceting machine myself, but it's not ready yet. I am still scavenging my local scrap yard for parts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was going to pipe up and say that Eu citizen was a faceter, but I figured he would come forward on his own. I am building a faceting machine myself, but it's not ready yet. I am still scavenging my local scrap yard for parts.

When you're done, I'd love to see the process or at least the finished piece.
I've got one in the works, to, as a back-up machine.. But it won't be finished anytime soon for me.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread