Factory Reset

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all you swingers, I have never done a factory reset on my AT Pro but I saw several threads that said you should when you switch coils. I've got a Nel Attack coming in a couple of weeks and was wondering if it's something I should start doing now that I'll be switching between the Sharpshooter and the Attack more often. And also ground balance, I've always used the auto and have never messed with moving it manually, but I've seen where some people have to drop the sensitivity to half before auto ground balancing. Is this something you Nel users have to do each time you GB? I'm just trying to get a head start on it before I get it in the mail. lol

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a reset is always a possitive thing on any processor driven device.cant hurt for sure,I reset mine bout every 30 days.I also agree that manually lowering the gb to at least 10 below current then pump balance.I also have found that after a pump style gb is is an advantage to manually lower the gb number by 5 for max depth.

these things are true even if you arent switching coils...when switching a coil I would recomend manually setting gb to zero and pump away...then reduce by 5...:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread