Fair Grounds

Stroover

Mar 28, 2006
Canadian East Coast
my favorite spot is where they have a carnival and craft fairs every year,got 2 silver rings and my first silver quarter.i hit it a few times a week

Another area to consider are the weekly Farmer's Markets that are springing up in many urban areas.

I've found my fair amount of coins going through the fairgrounds after fairs and carnivals and the such. I've also found enough parts to rides left behind at tear-down that i'm not so sure about the quality control that gets put into them at times. lol

When I lived in San Diego there was a small fair that set up annually in a field just up the street from my house...right after they packed up and before they left, several of them would be out with metal detectors...of course it was dark by this time...so we would still find things they missed the next morning...usually about $5.00 - $10.00

I live in a small town where the county fair is held in the same spot EVERY year and has been for A LONG time... this place has been hunted to death. I know a guy who it over and over again in the 70's (has a good amount of silver to show for it), my friend and I have hit it over and over again since the 80's (and have a nice collection of "stuff). I found a IH a couple years ago and my buddy found a silver quarter but there's not much left now... It's been hit so many times in fact that only new clad remains, kind of cracks me up a little bit to drive by the day after the fair packs up and leaves and see three or four people out there with their radio shack specials, to each their own. I don't know about other places but fairgrounds seam to produce a lot of garbage too... lots of pull tabs, pieces of "what the", etc.

I live in a very small town,(St. Louis) ::).... And I have heard of a very small fair here in the early 20th centery,(Worlds Fair 1904) :D... I have been digging in the park where it was held over one hundred years ago and still haven't found anything significant from that era. :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back