Fair price?

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Selling my detecting stuff now as I will be upgrading everything next spring, just wondering what you think a fair price is to ask for the equipment I am selling as a package. Everything is in really good shape and works great. I will be selling an AT Pro with the 8.5x11 and 5x8 DD coils with headphones, 6" RTG sand scoop and a White's TRX pin pointer, I should mention scoop has small bend on lip. Thanks for your input!

Upvote 0

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check Ebay "Search advance Check the box that says sold" That should give you some idea.. or 40% less than lowest price you can currently buy each item now.

Check with the forum dealers, may be able to do a trade in on what you want to move up to.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking around 700, a person buying would be saving a couple hundred bucks easy for stuff that works great.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
On to the larger question, Bottlecap:

What are you upgrading to?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd go two routes:

1. offer the package deal here after you become a charter member. Some of the vendors may make you a decent trade in offer on the detector of your dreams.

2. I would also post the items individually on Craigslist. Start with a price a little over what you want (need to leave some Jew room). Every week decrease the price a little until they are sold.

What is the detector you wish to upgrade to?

Good Luck

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this will help. May be a bit harder to sell with winter coming on.
I checked craigslist and found an AT Pro with Garrett Pro pointer for $475.00 FIRM. Not sure about scoop prices.
Good luck selling.
Marvin
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector w/ Pro-Pointer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread