Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for looking. Mt. McKinley in this shot is 70 miles away. We didn't go into the park much further. aaaa2.jpg aaaa3.jpg aaaa4.JPG aaaa6.JPG aaaa7.JPG aaaa7.jpg aaaa9.jpg

The moose pics are from north of Fairbanks.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shots. I saw a big Bullwinkle here in Colorado coming down in a gulch out of North Park. It was getting dark at the time and I only had my phone camera. He to far away for any kind of picture worth taking.

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, Tamrock. I had a standoff with a bull that had an enormous set of head gear way up the Pack River in N. Idaho. My pickup was not going past him. The staredown lasted about five minutes, then he wandered off. Huge animals. If you closely at the bull above with the sun on his face, you can see all the mosquitoes getting a meal. Swarms of them if you stepped out of the vehicle. Oh, yeah, sitting in my rental car, taking pics of moose. Pretty wild country.

iWeld

Aug 26, 2017
Warrensburg Mo
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photo's! I had the fortune of visiting Denali in July with the family while we were visited our son at Eielson AFB. Beautiful country.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing! :occasion14:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brings back many memories thank you. I lived just outside of Fairbanks in a town called North Pole and was stationed at Eielson AFB. My Son was born at Fort Wainwright (Army base) closer to Fairbanks. Visited Denali many times making trips to Anchorage just so we could go to a Walmart! LOL

OP
OP
Kray Gelder

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brings back many memories thank you. I lived just outside of Fairbanks in a town called North Pole and was stationed at Eielson AFB. My Son was born at Fort Wainwright (Army base) closer to Fairbanks. Visited Denali many times making trips to Anchorage just so we could go to a Walmart! LOL

My daughter lives in North Pole. Teaches at the university there in Fairbanks. There's a huge Wal Mart in Fairbanks now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread