Fake Morgan Dollars Made in China

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Fake Morgan Dollars Made in China

fake_morgans_made_in_china.jpg

Here's a close-up image of a few freshly-minted fake Morgan Dollars struck in China.

fake_morgan_dollars_from_china_edges.jpg

Again, what stands out most to me is the high quality of these fakes. The coins may or may not have been struck on genuine .900 fine silver planchets, though. The Chinese have been experts at creating lookalike alloys for more 1,500 years.

fake_chinese_coin_dies.jpg

An Assortment of Fake Coin Dies in China

chinese_fake_coin_minting.jpg

manufacture

chinese_counterfeit_coins.jpg

manufacture

chinese_counterfeiters_coin_press.jpg

manufacture.

chinese_fake_coin_operation.jpg

Processing fakes.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG!
YOU KILL ME, I won't be able to concentrate on anything till I check all of mine!! Any Idea when this started? maybe I don't have to check ALL of them.
Are they exact weight & size, They look really good & I have a few of the pictured 1889's

thanks for the tip, Good day, Herbie

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morgan dollars was probably a very smart choice to fake considering the numbers of them and the generally low price for a large silver coin. I can't imagine how many people must have bought them and have no idea.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
It'll get to the point that unless you dig it or dive on it yourself, you never really know if it's authentic.

ManikBhai

Oct 27, 2010
Its great informative post that Fake Coin Dies in China is producing this coin and that when i was visit china than i saw one factory the name of chinabuye supplier visit it here

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like mosquitoes.................. ain't the world a great place?

S

Smee

ManikBhai said:
Its great informative post that Fake Coin Dies in China is producing this coin and that when i was visit china than i saw one factory the name of chinabuye supplier visit it here

Spambot? http://www.google.com/search?q=somi...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

It's our fault, we mentioned China, attracts APNIC registrants like flies, and this one got past whatever protective measures SHOULD have been in place.

Go to http://tools.whois.net/whoisbyip/ and put 123.49.45.242 (the spammer's IP) in the box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread