Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning RTR,
Welcome to Tnet! That is a nice specimen you have there and that is what the MD 20 is especially good at, finding tiny traces of gold (metal). I expect it can also be used for a variety of search methods in all sorts of conditions as well as to be used to sleuth out a main gold deposit by following tiny traces of whatever metal one is looking for. It would be interesting to read about MD 20 users histories with this capable tool!.................63bkpkr

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning RTR,
Welcome to Tnet! That is a nice specimen you have there and that is what the MD 20 is especially good at, finding tiny traces of gold (metal). I expect it can also be used for a variety of search methods in all sorts of conditions as well as to be used to sleuth out a main gold deposit by following tiny traces of whatever metal one is looking for. It would be interesting to read about MD 20 users histories with this capable tool!.................63bkpkr

It comes in real handy when searching thru a pan full of pay dirt.It will find a single "speck" of gold.A real time saver.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It comes in real handy when searching thru a pan full of pay dirt.It will find a single "speck" of gold.A real time saver.
Yes counting up the 'Hits per pan' of material can tell one if they should crush or pan more of the material. Thus saving a lot of time prospecting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG
Yes indeed

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This one sees that you have the 'Ring' set past the black line as most people think they should set the "Ring" at or near the red line good for you as this appears to be the better tuning zone out in the field or for crushed rock in a pan. Thank you RTR for the wonderful picture of what the Falcon can detect and the range thereof.:icon_thumright:

Looks like you are using the Falcon to help track down the better values.

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent a bunch of time using the Falcon for a specific purpose. It's a highly specialized little detector, and I've found quite a bit of gold with it.

Where I used it and found it excelled was in bedrock that I'd already cleaned with my bigger detectors, but the back story is I'd found good concentrations of nuggets in a small area, so some of the crevices I'd cleaned had produced a variety of sizes of gold in them, which let me know there was smaller stuff running in the area as well. The Falcon sure found a lot of that smaller stuff for me!

It really was a lot of fun, and the MD-20 sure sniffs out the little pieces that my regular coils on my detector couldn't see, plus because I place the coil head of the Falcon right on the bedrock and work and scrub it into any little depressions or low spots, it find small pieces on edge as well that my Bug Pro and Minelabs found impossible to see.

I recovered quite a few grams in this manner; therefore, it always travels with me now in my pack so that when I hit a hot spot that produces well with .5gram and up pieces with the gold deposited in a tight pattern, the Falcon comes out to play and have a look.

All the best,

Lanny

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent a bunch of time using the Falcon for a specific purpose. It's a highly specialized little detector, and I've found quite a bit of gold with it.

Where I used it and found it excelled was in bedrock that I'd already cleaned with my bigger detectors, but the back story is I'd found good concentrations of nuggets in a small area, so some of the crevices I'd cleaned had produced a variety of sizes of gold in them, which let me know there was smaller stuff running in the area as well. The Falcon sure found a lot of that smaller stuff for me!

It really was a lot of fun, and the MD-20 sure sniffs out the little pieces that my regular coils on my detector couldn't see, plus because I place the coil head of the Falcon right on the bedrock and work and scrub it into any little depressions or low spots, it find small pieces on edge as well that my Bug Pro and Minelabs found impossible to see.

I recovered quite a few grams in this manner; therefore, it always travels with me now in my pack so that when I hit a hot spot that produces well with .5gram and up pieces with the gold deposited in a tight pattern, the Falcon comes out to play and have a look.

All the best,

Lanny
Thanks for the tips Lanny in AB :icon_thumright: as scrubbing on bedrock sounds like a great way to use the detector.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do know it operates at 300KhZ, I have one and just looked at the spec's in the booklet.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do know it operates at 300KhZ, I have one at just looked at the spec's in the booklet.
This is the reason why the probe / coil of the Falcon can see little specks of values.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread