Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the rounds last weekend checking the status of some of the farm fields I hunt. I found that the farmer had plowed one of them, so I parked the car, pulled out gear, and jumped right in. Finds have ben sparse to non-existent the last few trips to this field, but he may have plowed deeper this time, as you can see by what I found.

I didn't even have to dig for this 1769 KG III (Irish) Hibernia. My detector beeped, I looked to the right side of my coil sweep, and there it was, just basking in the sun :icon_sunny:
Hibernia in dirt.jpg

Hibernia front.jpg

Hibernia back.jpg

This Dandy button was a nice find. It has a PE makers mark on the back, which is highly unusual for a Dandy type button.
Button Front -2.jpg

Fancy Button -back.jpg

This pewter spoon handle fragment also has initials on it, possibly PE again.
Spoon Handle.jpg

In all I got two coppers (one is wiped), seven buttons including two Dandies, a couple spoon parts, a musket ball, and a Native American thumbnail scraper.

I have now pulled 11 coppers from this site, but Spanish silver hasn't showed up yet.
All Front.jpg

All Back.jpg

Attachments

• Hibernia in Dirt 1.jpg
    Hibernia in Dirt 1.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Upvote 52

dalrem

Sep 4, 2023
Central PA
I made the rounds last weekend checking the status of some of the farm fields I hunt. I found that the farmer had plowed one of them, so I parked the car, pulled out gear, and jumped right in. Finds have ben sparse to non-existent the last few trips to this field, but he may have plowed deeper this time, as you can see by what I found.

I didn't even have to dig for this 1769 KG III (Irish) Hibernia. My detector beeped, I looked to the right side of my coil sweep, and there it was, just basking in the sun :icon_sunny:
View attachment 2108032
View attachment 2108034
View attachment 2108035
This Dandy button was a nice find. It has a PE makers mark on the back, which is highly unusual for a Dandy type button.
View attachment 2108036
View attachment 2108037
This pewter spoon handle fragment also has initials on it, possibly PE again.
View attachment 2108039

In all I got two coppers (one is wiped), seven buttons including two Dandies, a couple spoon parts, a musket ball, and a Native American thumbnail scraper.

I have now pulled 11 coppers from this site, but Spanish silver hasn't showed up yet.
View attachment 2108041
View attachment 2108042
Congratulations, greats finds. Never thought of searching plowed fields.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FANTASTIC finds Steve Thanks for sharing with us :)

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
what a day!
great finds, congratulations
you have to be pumped when you don't have to dig much for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread