Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This past weekend my family and I took a trip back up to Bath, NH and the Wild AM river, for one last dredging day before it gets too cold. We wanted to enjoy the Fall Foliage too, though we were a little early and the trees were just starting to change color.

My son and I spent a day on the river (8am until about 3pm, so maybe six total hours of dredging). We met up with nh.nugget, and he and his prospecting partner helped us find some good ground along the river where we could run our dredge and gave us a lot of great pointers throughout the day. (Thanks nh.nugget!).

The water levels were very low, but we were using the 3" Hydroforce nozzle so we could do "dry land" dredging. As you'll see in the video our water supply was about 50-60' from where we were dredging, and the two spots where we were dredging were both dry before we used the Hydroforce on them. I'm liking that nozzle!

At the advice of our "local" friends we were only dredging the top 18" of cobble and gravel. They said it wasn't worth trying to get all the way down to clay. We dredged two different locations during the day, separated by about 20'. The "morning location" was further from the bank; the "afternoon location" was closer. At the midday break we did a test pan of both locations before moving, because I wasn't getting a very good feeling from what I was seeing in the morning location. The test pans told us we should move, and so we did.

We also did two cleanups: one after the morning and one after the afternoon. I kept the cons separate and ran them separately at home; as you'll see the results were dramatically different. Check out the picture below. The morning location is on the left; the afternoon location is on the right. Wow. I'm glad we moved.

Overall I'm happy with the results. No nuggets or even pickers from NH this year, but it was my first year up there - I'm learning. And I love it up in NH, I will definitely be going back next Spring.

I've included some pictures and a short 2 minute video if you're interested.

- Brian

The river and our location and setup (my son is on the right):
xCwzMXx.jpg

The cleanup, with the morning on the left and afternoon on the right (what a difference 20 feet makes!):
s0AT4ho.jpg

In this picture the three vials are:
- on the left, 2 days of dredging in NH at Twin River Campground, Wild AM River in June 2016
- in the middle, 1 day of dredging at Contrary Creek, VA in August 2016 (doesn't include a small picker that we found)
- on the right, the cleanup from this past weekend in NH along the Wild AM (best results of the three!)
orWBWQh.jpg

A quick 2 minute video with scenes from the river, a little of the foliage and the cleanup at home:

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure wish I had a stream like that in my back yard!

Well it's not exactly in my back yard it's close. We had a good day with Brian and his son. We had a few people down there, Brian got some lessons on the geology of the river. Saw him pass the initiation test. Next year he should do a lot better in NH.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
N.H good to see you on the mend. And back on the gold.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCF0396.JPG DSCF0398.JPG DSCF0390.JPG Yeah it's been a rough summer! I was glad to meet a fellow T-netter we had a good day Brian had his combo running. I had my hill-billy high banker we deffinetly moved some material. The weather was awesome.

Attachments

• DSCF0395.JPG
    DSCF0395.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 87

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If its gold you hit the mother load. But it looks like pyrite to me. But even if its pyrite there could be some gold in it.Need to crush and pan. The piece is mineralized with a lot of black sand I believe.If the yellow flakes off its pyrite. Gold will stay in one piece. And not flake. Did you find any gold beside that chunk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread