OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Rich in Texas said:
A relative in 1839 is the one who wrote the saying "The pen is mightier than the sword" for one of his plays. Our line of the family also were original colonists in Jamestown.

Remove a space, and add a comma, and you get a whole new statement! ::)
Although the feminists would argue that point! :dontknow:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this thread is three years old but I just found it...Im related to the Dalton Gang.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Related to the only U.S. Vice President elected to the office and was the shortest serving man in that office (ant the only United States executive official to take the oath of office on foreign soil.) - died of illness while abroad.

My grandfather from Louisiana (A Native American) was a Bounty Hunter in Oklahoma and Texas in the 20's and 30's. In 1980, while hitchhiking through Oklahoma, met a few people who remembered him by his nickname and showed me where he had hanged several of his marks after their trials. I was actually taken care of while I was there because of his good name among some of the old timers. Free food and a room for the night for a hitchhiker is always welcome.

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well related to the famous shootist "Annie Oakley" on my mom's side and Gary Cooper of movie fame on my dads side -- I myself am well known to be a crack shot ( I tend to clean up at the local turkey shoots) -- I won $5.000 in a local charity catfish fishing contest back in 2000 -- (sadly its no longer put on )-- many folks know me as a treasure wreck "researcher " travelled the world for 27 years as a merchant seaman --seeing all kinds of weird, strange and different stuff.

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm related to Robert E. Lee as well as 2 Medal of Honor Recipients.

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In 1869, My great great grandmother was found guilty of fornication by her church... The person she was fornicating with was most likely the guy who would be my great great grandfather. It is amazing what you can find on the internet. Shortly after that guilty verdict, they moved to PA from Ohio.

"Miss Ella Douglas a member of this church having been guilty of fornication, it was ordered that she be summoned to meet the session at its regular meeting on Monday June 7th at 10 o'clock. Said summons was delivered to S. Z. Alexander to deliver to Mlss E. Douglas. Session adjourned. Concluded with prayer. W. R,. Vincent, Mod. Island Creek, June 7th, 1869 session met and was opened with prayer. Present: Geo. Gulp, David Paisley, Win. Findley and Moderator. Absent: A. Robertson, Wm. Clark, M. L. Rinehart, J. R. Winm, S. Z. Alexander, 'homas Pittenger, and D. Aten, Miss Douglas failing to appear and S. Z. Alexander not being present to report, it was agreed to defer further action to the next stated meeting."

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
My grandmother on my moms side was cousins with actor Jack Albertson (Chico and the Man).
Grow up a neighbor to astronaut Chris Hadfield and know or use to David James Elliott (played Jag, real name David Smith), hockey player John Tonelli, NHL ref Bruce Hood.

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can trace my lineage directly back to King Edward I of England(Edward Longshanks) Ya know, the one in Braveheart :)

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It don't make me famous but I had two great uncles that fought against the Japanese on Iwo Jima in World War II.. They were brothers and both came out of the war alive but were never the same.. Both died young of alcohol and drug abuse.. I am proud and honored to have known them when I was a young boy.. :icon_salut:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It don't make me famous but I had two great uncles that fought against the Japanese on Iwo Jima in World War II.. They were brothers and both came out of the war alive but were never the same.. Both died young of alcohol and drug abuse.. I am proud and honored to have known them when I was a young boy.. :icon_salut:
Sorry if your kin folks had problems, their sacrifice is still what matters. Thank you and them!
That made me think of my next door neighbor. His dad was IN Hiroshima WHEN the bomb was dropped. He was one of ours, somehow didn't evac out fast enough.
He lived to over 70, some of his children though, have had horrible cancers and leukemia. I always wondered if his being there, then, had anything to do with some of that. :dontknow:

Me, know anyone famous....... nothing I would be speaking about online.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Great Grandmother got all lit up on the firewater during one of her birthdays (she only drank on her birthday) and tried to attack and scalp the local Priest. Some of my Great Uncles locked her up in a shed until she sobered up, what they failed to realize is that there was a big axe in that shed. After chopping her way out Great Granny headed back up towards the Church with axe in hand this time screaming death threats in Ojibway. She was finally subdued by family members, the Priest along with all of the Nuns packed up and took off from the Village that very night never to be seen or heard from again. Let's just say that my Great Grandmother was not a big fan of the Residential School System. She's not world famous by any means, just thought everyone would get a good chuckle from this true story about of one of my ancestors.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ma Barker, Abe Lincoln, and some English nobility when the lady of the house ran off to America with the help.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My Great Grandmother got all lit up on the firewater during one of her birthdays (she only drank on her birthday) and tried to attack and scalp the local Priest. Some of my Great Uncles locked her up in a shed until she sobered up, what they failed to realize is that there was a big axe in that shed. After chopping her way out Great Granny headed back up towards the Church with axe in hand this time screaming death threats in Ojibway. She was finally subdued by family members, the Priest along with all of the Nuns packed up and took off from the Village that very night never to be seen or heard from again. Let's just say that my Great Grandmother was not a big fan of the Residential School System. She's not world famous by any means, just thought everyone would get a good chuckle from this true story about of one of my ancestors.

Didn't realize you had Ojibway. One of my favorite writers was Gilbert Oskaboose who was also Ojibway. Have you ever read his story about why dogs sniff each others backsides?

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't realize you had Ojibway. One of my favorite writers was Gilbert Oskaboose who was also Ojibway. Have you ever read his story about why dogs sniff each others backsides?

Not as of yet, I will now though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread