Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Famous Bullock Hotel "orbs"

The Bullock Hotel in Deadwood, SD is famous for its "orbs" and ghosts - said to be Seth Bullock, his partner Sol
a prostitute and her child, Wild Bill Hickok and a few others.

When we stayed at the hotel, there were doors banging, people talking and walking down the hallway (nobody there), the television volume would go up and down, there was the sound of a woman going down the hall wearing a very noisy gown, swishing along the carpet, and the remote for the tv, kept falling on the floor.

Of course, there were things we didn't see - but, when the pictures came back................................................

bullock 1a.JPG

Attachments

• Bullock 2a.JPG
    Bullock 2a.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 627
  • Bullock 3a.JPG
    Bullock 3a.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 866
  • Bullock 4a.JPG
    Bullock 4a.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 572

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Famous Bullock Hotel "orbs"

I heard about this hotel, T.V. show, must have been quite an experience staying there.
The 'orb' in the second pic looks like the one aa saw at the airfield.

Fossis.............

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

interesting :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

To me, the two most interesting one is the "glow" off of Mr. O's chest - that's not a light, nor did he have a pocket or anything metal on his shirt - and the one in the mirror - looks like the side view of Wild Bill (like his likeness in the cemetery).

wild bill.JPG

Attachments

• Bullock 3b.JPG
    Bullock 3b.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 564

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Interesting, I've never heard about Orbs before. So the orbs are spirits?
Thanks for sharin'

Molly.

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN

That looks like a very cool place. I would love to check it out.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Molly said:
Interesting, I've never heard about Orbs before. So the orbs are spirits?
Thanks for sharin'

Molly.
molly look at dis

Attachments

• spook 007.jpg
    spook 007.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 558
  • spook 007.jpg
    spook 007.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 501

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see it, its not like its a sun blurr... Cool. But what are they?

Molly.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->

I'm not sold on this whole orb phenomenon, not trying to debunk anything here but wouldn't lens condensation, or dust, or atmospheric anomalies / conditions make more sense than ghosts, or spirits?

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum

thirty7 said:
I'm not sold on this whole orb phenomenon, not trying to debunk anything here but wouldn't lens condensation, or dust, or atmospheric anomalies / conditions make more sense than ghosts, or spirits?

I took some pics at a very old building where we attended a wine tasting. Hubby, total nonbeliever, pointed out to me to zoom in on the "orbs". When I did you could clearly see faces, male and female. They were very distinct. I do have condensation & sun orbs in other pics but these wine tasting pics were totally unexplained. I went back to the building and had access to the unused upstairs space. I got orbs in motion. I've also taken pics in succession where orbs are present, then are gone.

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would think that if the "orbs" that are seen are the same over and over - dimension and looks, that, it might be dust.

But, when you take 40-50 pictures, all orbs are different, and there are absolutely none in some pictures - it leaves a little less proof for the dust theory.

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/SD-BullockHotel.html

Bullock front.JPG

Attachments

• Bullock back.JPG
    Bullock back.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 440

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Fascinating shots with the orbs. They sure are strange. I love the chandalier in the forth pic down. Inthe background, is that the top of a fireplace or part of the back bar? It is some pretty nifty looking woodwork.

A great bunch of shots. I'd like to visit that place, myself.

Thanks for sharing.

Ray

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70

I've been a paranormal investigator for years so I'll throw my 2 cents worth in here. In my research, I've found MOST orbs to have natural explanations....usually dust, occasionally insects, and a few that, since they were taken in areas that had high humidity readings on our equipment, were probably moisture particles. HOWEVER, there are, in my opinion, things floating around that we don't yet have comprehension of.

For instance, on an investigation several years ago, my team caught an amazing orb on video. Two investigators were sitting in the livingroom floor facing each other, talking quietly. We had a video camera set up in the room to record any anomalies that might be present.

Suddenly, on the video, a green orb about the size of a softball shoots through the doorway, flies around the room, then makes a beeline toward the investigators. It hovers beside them for a moment, then darts between them and out the door into the hallway.

What I found interesting was...as the orb flew between the investigators, it lit their faces with a green glow....and yet they never saw it. Not at all.

So...I look at orb photos not as proof itself that paranormal activity is present, but an indicator that it's time to drag out the voice recorders and meters for a more in-depth look at what is going on.

The pics posted earlier are very interesting. I would love to spend a few nights at that place!

Eddie

spawn00x

Jan 25, 2009
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70

Probably insects or dust on the lens, even a bit of moisture in the air can create this effect.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool shots! I shot a few myself.

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We hopefully - no - definitely - will be going back. I love Deadwood, and when the tourist season is over this year, we will probably make a trip up there again.

If you get a chance to go, by the check in, there is a book of pictures people took on their stays.

And, when you hear the people who are walking back and forth on the third floor, and them talking, and the remote coming out of your hand several times and slam on the floor - but you are the only one staying on the 3rd floor - (third is smoking rooms, 2nd is non-smoking rooms) - and something you never see shows up on your pictures - but not all of them, you gotta think there is something strange there.

B

PS - I remember seeing a program on those "unseens" things flying through the air.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I get those orbs everytime I take a picture outside when it's snowing. I don't know what causes them inside though.

Attachments

• Picture 124.jpg
    Picture 124.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 195
OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I got some of those outside ones, too!!!

No, not all pictures with orbs have mirrors near them. (or even in the room), and not all pictures were taken with flashes either.

Its still cool, though.

B

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Now THAT, is a fine specimen of a wandering dust particle. seriously guys, most of those are just dust reflecting off the flash of the camera. When the camera thinks its taking a picturure and is focused on one object and something interferes such as dust,And a flash from a camera illuminates it causing a "glow" effect. Making humans think they are something they are not! Now, I'm not saying spirits arent there because, I believe they are and have my own proof. But, It's proven that "most" of those "orbs" are just dust particle floating around....sorry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions