May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the end of last week Cru'dad spend just over 2 hours on the failed oilseed rape field with only 1 leather mount to show, so today we switched back to Fan's Site.
Sticky ankle breaker with strong wind & rain - we felt pretty hardcore today.:tongue3:
In these conditions just over 3 hours was plenty, but the result was still excellent;

16 Roman Bronze Coins
Medieval Buckle Plate
Leather Mount
Roman Bronze Cube with various odd symbols on them. Can't find an ID!
1st C AD Fibula (Brooch) - I knew this was a first for us but I had no idea it can't be IDed in any of my books! (must be a rare variant)
Hammered Halfpenny of Ed III
Roman Silver Plated Denarius of Vitellius AD69 (less than a year) - Tripod with Dolphin above. New Emperor for us, 1 a year is a good year & if this one was complete its a ยฃ300+ coin!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    463.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    270.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 30

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firstly those byzantine period weights are flat, not cubed & there is no way this site continued into that period, so I've yet to see a cubed version of any date.

The Almgren are Germanic derived brooches that we commonly class as 'P' types but I see no matches. It has very little curve on it & these Almgren type of which the Grp III is the closest are 2nd C AD & have a different pin mechanism, compared to my 1st C AD type.

Thanks for looking but at this point I'm calling it unidentified.

You don.t have to. These look similar.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ANCIENT-ROM...d=152651841634&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

s-l500.jpg

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008
It could be an augery lot, a type of dice that tells the user what to do when randomly rolled. It would be interesting to see what is on all 6 sides of it.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be an augery lot, a type of dice that tells the user what to do when randomly rolled. It would be interesting to see what is on all 6 sides of it.
Your theory is closer to mine.

I think it was some kind of strategy game where each throw had a meaning. I can't prove this & have no parallel. But it makes most sense to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread