Frankyg

Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't work for them and I'm not on commission and I'm not trying to sell anything! BUT I've gotta recommend the red Lithium-ion Battery for Minelabs that various people are selling. I bought one last May off the net and have been using it all summer with my E-Trac. I've always been a stickler for using fully charged batteries and used to carry three of the standard batteries because lets face it, no matter how good the detector is, it's only as good as it's battery. These red batteries are fantastic. They come with a charger that has a decent connector wire that won't keep breaking like the normal chargers, it has a charging light and runs at 12v compared to the standard 9. (The E-Trac is rated to 12.5 volts). It also charged the battery in only a couple of hours.The battery lasted for 16+ hours of use and still was registering fully charged on the machine. The only drawback is the cost but I sold my 3 standard batteries and chargers on e-bay and easily paid for the new one plus a small profit!

Reading this, it sounds like a sales pitch but it is not. I'm just really pleased with the battery and thought I would share.

Regards
Frank

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't work for them and I'm not on commission and I'm not trying to sell anything! BUT I've gotta recommend the red Lithium-ion Battery for Minelabs that various people are selling. I bought one last May off the net and have been using it all summer with my E-Trac. I've always been a stickler for using fully charged batteries and used to carry three of the standard batteries because lets face it, no matter how good the detector is, it's only as good as it's battery. These red batteries are fantastic. They come with a charger that has a decent connector wire that won't keep breaking like the normal chargers, it has a charging light and runs at 12v compared to the standard 9. (The E-Trac is rated to 12.5 volts). It also charged the battery in only a couple of hours.The battery lasted for 16+ hours of use and still was registering fully charged on the machine. The only drawback is the cost but I sold my 3 standard batteries and chargers on e-bay and easily paid for the new one plus a small profit!

Reading this, it sounds like a sales pitch but it is not. I'm just really pleased with the battery and thought I would share.

Regards
Frank

Taking your word your not working for company and are only helping members.......:thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Frankyg

Frankyg

Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please be assured Treasure Hunter that I have no self interest in this. That's why I have not mentioned any manufacturers or suppliers in my post. I only bought one battery and I'm sure not selling that!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd thought about purchasing one of these.

But I chose to read my manual first.

My E-Trac manual, on page 15 states "They may damage your detector and void your warranty".

You need to take a look at this yourself.

E-Trac Manual Page 15.jpg

OP
OP
Frankyg

Frankyg

Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had no problems with mine all summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions