Fantastic Beach Find

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Due to the birth of my first granddaughter this February I did not have a great deal of time to detecting for gold or other hidden treasures this past winter in Arizona. I left sunny, hot Arizona and headed to the beach's of California. Our (wife and I) first stop was Pismo Beach area for some cooler weather and metal detecting. First day detecting yielded sixty-two cents and my first 14 K ring. Stones mounted seem to be diamonds but will verify when I take it to a local jeweler. Will keep everyone posted on jewelers remarks.

Attachments

• !!indexxdre.jpg
    !!indexxdre.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good day. Nothing like gold to make it better.

Congrats.

laughingcrow

Jan 21, 2007
Seattle
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Great find, thanks for the post, the pictures and finds keep me motivated until I find my first gold!

Lisa
(seattle)

OP
OP
49er

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Checked with local jeweler on ring found..Yes it is 14K but No diamonds are not real...Best find so far on beach.

49er

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
laughingcrow said:
Great find, thanks for the post, the pictures and finds keep me motivated until I find my first gold!

Lisa
(seattle)

You will. It took me a year to find my first gold ring. I still haven't found a diamond one, but that's ok, its just a hobby right? :o

HaveFaith

Apr 4, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Prizm II, White's PI Pro, Sov. GT
49er said:
Checked with local jeweler on ring found..Yes it is 14K but No diamonds are not real...Best find so far on beach.

49er

I find it hard to believe that fake diamonds were put in 14k gold. I would go to another jeweler, my 2 cents worth. Nice find on the gold, hope you find many more. Congrats on the grandbaby!!!!

Eileena

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread