Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I headed out to Kings County today to try to find some silver. There was a hill that was good to me last year. I remember the first time that I hunted it, My bag had been stolen and I went looking for the dirty low downs that had snatched it. Frustrated and tired, I came upon a hill that looked out on a huge lawn. I decided to sweep the coil across it. Within 2 hours, I had 3 Mercury Dimes and 2 Barber Dimes. I forgot all about that stupid bag.
Now I don't know about you guys, but finding a hill like that is what metal detecting Fantasies are made of. The only reason I stopped that day is because I ran out of daylight. I returned to that hill numerous times and was rewarded for my efforts. Lots of silver coins and a few silver rings came out of the soil up on Fantasy Hill. Then one day, the well went dry.
Today was the first time back this year. I noticed that the huge lawn which is usually packed with soccer players was empty. I wasn't about to let this opportunity slip away. I spent 3 hours on the lawn, loading up on clad. Funny, there was nickels everywhere. The weapon of choice in this location is the CTX 3030. Those guys don't usually bother with nickels or shallow targets. I managed to squeeze out a silver post as well as a Gaudy 925 Ring.
With about an hour of daylight left, I climbed up "Fantasy Hill" It was quiet. I hit a clad coin here, a nickel there but for the most part, Quiet.
Then just before it got too dark to see what I would be digging, I got a screamer. I dug down past a root and out popped a Mercury Dime. Good old "Fantasy Hill" came through again.
My finds for the day were: 22q, 30d, 19n, 17 memorials, 3 wheat pennies, (35, 44, & 52d), 1 no date Buffalo nickel, a 1921 Buffalo nickel, a 1926 Mercury Dime, a silver post and a 925 ring.
IMG_2329.JPG IMG_2330.JPG IMG_2325.JPG IMG_2324.JPG IMG_2327.JPG IMG_2334.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see that it has come through again!!! Congrats on pulling those keepers and that sweet clad haul.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a haul! You sure named that place right.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job !! Nice Merc! I got a Rosie at Don -in-Brewster's favorite old park yesterday. Talk to you this week. Nice haul! Congrats HH

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ATW. Thank God everyone else is passing up those Nickel hits. For me its not all about the silver, its all about any older coin no matter the metal composition. Keep 'em coming.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ATW NICE COINAGE ..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You ARE the man! :notworthy:

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You haven't come across any gold items out on the lawn? Nice catch on your silver finds!

Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet stack of beer money and a couple silvers for the treasure chest! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions