Farm Dump Finds

goldgrubber

Jan 26, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites 5900, Minelab Excalibur
Hi Treasure Hunters

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a farm that I have permission to hunt, and was told there was a dump at the end of the property. The path that takes you to the dump is the most recent area where the trash was dumped, which seems to be around the 1950's. So thats where I started. There is so much trash in the ground in the way of cans and foil that I couldnt use my metal detector, so I just scraped away small layers of dirt to expose the goodies. Tons of buttons (alot of mother of pearl), 3 religious metals, chinese cash coin, a military pin, probably the weirdest find was a dental partial with 2 teeth and a small gold brace where it would attach to other teeth. When I saw that I thought awesome! Maybe I can find a finger with a ring on it. LMAO It was about an hour and halfs worth of looking. I think I might go back next weekend.

Thanks for looking

Goldgrubber

Attachments

• finds8.JPG
    finds8.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 840
  • finds11.JPG
    finds11.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 853
Upvote 0

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Finds, GG. I would love to do some dump hunting. Might include that on next years agenda. Work with some local farmers over the winter to set it up. Might be able to do some hunting in the winter since ours have been quite mild lately.

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Maryland, Pennsylvania line
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)
Good going! One of your finds that I especially like it the two dummy rounds of 30.06 on the stripper clip. Good war era find to go with the others...
Keep on digging and hope you find more farm history there.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great assortment of goodies there. Sure is fun to dig an old dump. You just never know what's going to show up.

Dunky

Feb 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter LandStar
Sure is an interesting bunch of stuff you found. You're right, the teeth are weird. I don't know why, it's just a thing. But it's a human related thing. A human body related thing. :P

It's absolutely fascinating what the earth holds, waiting for us to find.

I hope you find the ring, minus the finger. ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!! But who would throw away religious pendants? :-\

Congrats on all those finds! Nana :)

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
::)Back in the days when people just had to have an old milk can with an eagle decal on it . I found a farm dump with about 70 cans in it, the Milk inspector had condemmed them, the farmer said "if you haul em out ,they are yours".I dragged them home,my wife gave me the eye roll. I sandblasted them painted them black applied eagle decals and sold them for 25.00 ea.No more eye roll. Bob

OP
OP
goldgrubber

goldgrubber

Jan 26, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites 5900, Minelab Excalibur
Nice finds with the milk cans. Just got back from the dump. Found a few more cool things I have to clean before I post 'em. Also found a pretty sharp broken bottle. Opened me right up. The little first-aid kit I carry stopped the bleeding 'till I got home. Just ticked it cut my digging time short.

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
lol well, I wont say how, but I have found 3 gold capped teeth so far with my detector. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread