farm finds

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
went to a farm field today. wanted to find some buttons. no buttons but this is what i found. a colonial shoe buckle and a newer buckle. a musket ball. and a lead weight ive seen it before but forget what its for. i got all this stuff in the last 10 min of a 3hr hunt not 10 feet from the truck. excited for 5 in the morn. up center of my town they ripped up the sidewalks in a old section in front of a old bank. ill have a hour and a half window before constuction starts for the first and last time. id start tonight but i dont know what the cops would think at 2 inthe morn in front of a bank. hopefully ill have a good post tomorrow. willy.

Attachments

• scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 376
  • scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
id start tonight but i dont know what the cops would think at 2 inthe morn in front of a bank.

good way to find out what the cops think, dont go armed though-lol

i was told by the mayor of our small town that the sidewalks were gonna be replaced, that was 6 months ago, i'm still watching and waiting.

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Willy that sidewalk could be very interesting. Your farm finds are awesome! The buckles appear to be harness buckles and probably from the 1800's but that is still cool. Buckles are a lot of fun to find. Can you see any sort of field system i.e stone walls, flat area? Find the gardens and tilled up areas that is where you have a great chance at coins, buckles and buttons 8)

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice buckles.... I bet there are more 'goodies' still there....

Good luck with the sidewalk adventure. That could be interesting !!!!

Brian in MA

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll bet that Karma will deliver 3 1853 coins for ya, better yet, some 1700's maybe. Buckles are always cool, even if their from the '20's and 30's.........NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread