Farmfield Detecting

D

doyboy

RP and I decided to hit Ed's farmfield today. Once we pulled up to the site, we noticed that he had harvested around the edges of the field. We were excited to get at least one decent session in at this site. We decided to make our way to where a homestead once stood in the 1800s. It wasn't long before we were recovering some nice targets!

My finds:
- 3 musketballs
- 1 badly smashed 3-ringer bullet

RP's finds:
- 4 Indian Heads (1860, 1874, 1884, and a date-less)
- 3 musketballs
- 1 flat button

Zoyboy found a Flying Eagle cent today at one of his research spots. The site he researched was an 1800s hotel. It dated back to the late 1850s. He also found a brass bell.

Attachments

• Relics.jpg
    Relics.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 586
Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

doyboy, nice stuff you and your pals dug up! A couple of questions for you, though, and I assure you I'm not being flippant.

1) Why didn't YOU find any coins?
2) Is your detector set properly?

Sure, we all have days where we find relics and our hunting partners find coins. Whenever that happens to me, I always make sure that my settings are good and that they didn't get changed some how (through bouncing around in the truck or when my sleeve catches on the brain box of the detector).

Anyhow, those bullets are cool.

OP
OP
D

doyboy

It wasn't meant to be, dude! I already found a 1786 Connecticut copper there this year.

T

TreasureTales

doyboy said:
It wasn't meant to be, dude! I already found a 1786 Connecticut copper there this year.

Yup, that happens sometimes. 1786 Connecticut Copper....SWEET!

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
No coins but the relics are great. I love the musket balls. Keep hitting that place it will give up more.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I could find the stuff you guys find here in Kansas I would do the happy dance all the way to the east coast. ;D ;D

Burdie :)

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
D

doyboy

Thanks, detecting dudes, for the replies. I made my mind up to dig only 4-40 VDI numbers. So, that is why Paco found the Injuns. He must have been digging the 40-80 numbers. :D

It has been proven; Zoyboy digs them 30 VDIs. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread