Fat Arses Report here! Anybody want to do a biggest loser competition?

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biggest killer in the US is heart disease. Fatty cholesterol filled foods cause that.

Canadian doctors already busted the Eskimo myth long time ago. That was nonsense created in a 1970s study by a European group.

It's a pretty ridiculous idea to think fatty cholesterol active foods are good for you.

Chicken and fish daily....lean red meat in moderation. Pretty simple stuff. Atkins diet is great for losing weight. Also great for hard arteries.

I do not agree. Please look A LOT of recent studies , Proof and Science. I am not going to sit and argue and you are able to believe what you want. But Atkins style diets as well as Keto have been PROVEN to do the exact opposite of what you say plane and simple. I did it myself 3 years ago and my Cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure dropped drastically. What ever you do I wish you good health!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well seems like you (and others) have it all figured out then Jason. I'll bow out since I'm not taking part in this journey of shedding pounds anyways. Was trying to be positive...not get nit picked by people who are obviously masters of their health and diet. Carry on.

And yes, I am the master of my own health and diet. I ditched the flawed food pyrimid they taught back in school and went to a high fat diet 2 years ago. I lost 70 pounds doing so and I get a full physical every year. My doctor said if all his patients were as healthy as me he'd be out of work.

This is not the only way to lose weight. I'm not here to tell anybody how to live or eat or exercise. I am simply saying what I have learned from months of research and what works for me. You are the one who joined in to say what CAN'T work. I'm sorry you take offense to being shown you are wrong.

PS- fastfood generally sucks because its mostly carbs and carbs fillers. The "meat" is typically 50% fillers (typically corn and soy), which is why they make such a huge deal of suddenly using 100% beef in some things. It's also filled with preservatives and other chemicals so it lasts long enough to go from producer, to trucking, to warehouse, to trucking, to being stored in the restaurant until use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well seems like you (and others) have it all figured out then Jason. I'll bow out since I'm not taking part in this journey of shedding pounds anyways. Was trying to be positive...not get nit picked by people who are obviously masters of their health and diet. Carry on.

Too bad you want Stomp you feet and run away since someone does not agree with what you believe? We are all here to try to find a healthy way to live. I would suggest having a open mind that maybe there is science that can back up some peoples claims. Believe what you want but be healthy either way.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not foot stomping...simply bowing out as I am not wanting to argue dieting with somebody who is borderline obese. It's like arguing lung cancer with a smoker.

Obviously there are many ways to lose weight and there are tons of studies out there saying X diet is healthy and unhealthy...same with Y diet. I personally go with the no fatty foods route and weight lifting and cardio. If you want to Atkins and keto it up....I truly truly hope it works.

I truly hope great health to everybody. Like I said...I was trying to be positive... not negative. I'm not the one stepping on the scale here so obviously I should shut up and bow out to the healthy people who are.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not foot stomping...simply bowing out as I am not wanting to argue dieting with somebody who is borderline obese. It's like arguing lung cancer with a smoker.

Obviously there are many ways to lose weight and there are tons of studies out there saying X diet is healthy and unhealthy...same with Y diet. I personally go with the no fatty foods route and weight lifting and cardio. If you want to Atkins and keto it up....I truly truly hope it works.

I truly hope great health to everybody. Like I said...I was trying to be positive... not negative. I'm not the one stepping on the scale here so obviously I should shut up and bow out to the healthy people who are.

you come here to be positive, yet you throw out insults becuase someone is "borderline obese" and the fact you dont have to "step on scale" so you are morally superior to them. You said you were leaving yet you keep coming back. Make good on your last promise and LEAVE.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, chill! Hunter isn't technically wrong. The problem with studies is that one year they will say one thing and another year they'll say something different. You can ask personal trainers their opinion and one will tell you one thing while another tells you something different. Not everything works the same for everyone else. Find what works for you and go with it - as a health, fitness & nutritional coach, who lost over 65 lbs himself, I can tell you that's the best advice anyone can offer. We can get into the science behind it all, we can debate the studies, etc...but it won't do anyone any good... Persistence, commitment, and consistency is key. Hunter is a good dude and meant no ill will towards anyone.

First, I said have said the exact same thing in this thread. everyone should do what works for them. As for Hunter, he can go F himself with his condescending attitude. He absolutely "meant ill will" towards everyone in this thread!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
So this is my fault and I shouldn't of started this...this is what I was trying to avoid. So I am SORRY.

The problem is there are people that believe in carbs vs people that believe in fat. I love carbs, bread, pasta, french fries, pizza and THAT is what was killing me.

If enough people want to hear my story, I would be glad to tell it. However, I strongly advise that you speak with a Doctor BEFORE you try any diet changes..

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not mean ill will. How anybody can get that from my post is ridiculous. Being obese is a medical fact. Own it and take action instead of being butt hurt and in denial about it.

You are literally in a weight loss contest and nitpicking my positive post with your knowledge. Seems ridiculous.

Next time somebody tries to bow out don't chat them up from behind. Best of luck with your challenge. I do wish you the best whether you believe me or not.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biggest killer in the US is heart disease. Fatty cholesterol filled foods cause that.

Canadian doctors already busted the Eskimo myth long time ago. That was nonsense created in a 1970s study by a European group.

It's a pretty ridiculous idea to think fatty cholesterol active foods are good for you. WRONG

Chicken and fish daily....lean red meat in moderation. Pretty simple stuff. Atkins diet is great for losing weight. Also great for hard arteries WRONG

No snippy smart arse comments there huh, Just a angel. Simply rediculous

You are just a angel huh?? and it is ridiculous for anyone to think you were getting snippy or butt hurt with your comments above. Come on?????? I guess everyone is stupid too huh?

I was not going to comment anymore on this until you started playing dumb and playing the victim..

You didn't like people disagreeing with you and you copped a attitude plane and simple. Well facts are facts.. You can indeed lose weight, lower bad cholesterol , lower blood pressure and reverse diabetes by EATING FAT all while keeping your arteries as soft as a babies bottom. It is proven... Is it the only way? No, But don't cop a attitude with people for not agreeing with you saying how things are "ridiculous" "this is pretty simple stuff" or having to deal with somebody who is "borderline obese" then play the victim when you are wrong. You are only fooling yourself..

Hopefully this is done and we can get back to supporting the true intention of this thread. Some of us are fat asses and that is why I created this thread. Keep up the good work to those who have joined in.

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I meant to be snarky...just not outright hurtful. Like I said... calling somebody obese is a simple medical fact. I never called him a "fatass" like you eluded to. Never told him to F off or anything similar.

There are tons of studies saying the Atkins and Keto diets are rubbish. I tend to agree with those. You guys keep saying WRONG when there are studies of the studies that say otherwise. And of course vice versa.

We can all find links and doctors to agree either side of it.

My original post was to be positive and then certain people decide to extract negativity from it and say WRONG. I'm game for tennis. When I tried to leave the court the yip yip yip stuff happened.

It's odd those are the same people stepping on the scale for a fat losing contest. If you can't see the irony in that call me what you will. I never claimed angel status. But I'm sure as hell not going to be called stupid for thinking fatty cholestorol filled foods are the way to go when I have just as many studies saying otherwise.

Like I said...I truly do wish everybody the best of luck. I hope it works for you (even Jason) and you all live to be 100. Just because I think you are dead wrong does not mean I don't hope you succeed.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you can find lots of folks who are willing to deny that science is false. No surprise there. But facts are facts. It is just like your favorite political group who refuses to look at facts and just start getting upset when some one doesn't agree with them. They start getting snippy and threating to leave or throw snippy comments in just as you did.

You can't argue intelligently that keto or Atkins style diets do not do everything I have stated period. There is way way to much proof of the opposite even by people who first set out to prove it wrong and later had to agree..

You also have the nerve to deduce that because someone is fat they are not smart enough to understand science or be able to read facts or seemingly have no ability to speak on the situation.

If you spent the time to actually look at it you may actually learn something. But of course you will have the answer to that too I am sure with your tennis addiction.

Good luck HunterGT...

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck to you too Jack. I wish you the best.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is my fault and I shouldn't of started this...this is what I was trying to avoid. So I am SORRY.

The problem is there are people that believe in carbs vs people that believe in fat. I love carbs, bread, pasta, french fries, pizza and THAT is what was killing me.

If enough people want to hear my story, I would be glad to tell it. However, I strongly advise that you speak with a Doctor BEFORE you try any diet changes..

No, you didnt start anything. I'd love to hear your story.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would love to hear it as well. Never afraid to learn something.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I meant to be snarky...just not outright hurtful. Like I said... calling somebody obese is a simple medical fact. I never called him a "fatass" like you eluded to. Never told him to F off or anything similar.

Boy, you sure pegged me didnt you?! Here's my fat ass (aka borderline obese) at some of the half marathons I ran last year.

race1.jpg race2.jpg race3.jpg

Just because someone has put on a few pounds and wants to take it back off doesnt make them "obese". Insulting ANYBODY who is trying to better themselves is sick and digusting, regardless of where they are in their journey.

OP
OP
JackalopeZL1

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, you sure pegged me didnt you?! Here's my fat ass (aka borderline obese) at some of the half marathons I ran last year.

View attachment 1538524 View attachment 1538527 View attachment 1538528

Just because someone has put on a few pounds and wants to take it back off doesnt make them "obese". Insulting ANYBODY who is trying to better themselves is sick and digusting, regardless of where they are in their journey.

you Fat Arse!! hahaha and for the record I was calling myself a fat ass in my comments earlier, not anyone else :D

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you Fat Arse!! hahaha and for the record I was calling myself a fat ass in my comments earlier, not anyone else :D

Oh I never thought you were calling anyone else a fat ass. and for the record I WAS a fat ass before I started eating a high fat diet.

old new dls.jpg

260+ pounds eating the standard American diet. I also had high blood pressure. LCHF eating saved me.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I applaud you on your transformation Jason. You are surely an inspiration to many. :thumbsup:

No snarkiness...I truly mean that. Keep up the good work.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason etal,

A little trick we use in our house to get a relatively healthy sugar fix is we buy fresh dates and eat 3 or 4 pretty low in calories and at least it's a natural not processed sugar and does have loads of nutrients.

Regards + HH

Bill

Today, the US Army (and I'm sure other branches as well) uses the "height and weight standards" set in the 1940s as a reason to kick out obese soldiers. When that standard was created, it was because too many soldier were TOO THIN. The biggest change since that time is that our diets have changed from freshly prepared meals at home (with fresh ingredients bought locally) to eating pre-packaged and fast food. When you start reading labels for ingredients and nutrients you find that almost everything your buy pre-packaged is loaded with salt and sugar. You can't even buy dried fruit that isn't first soaked in sugar-water.

Sugar IS a drug. don't believe it? make a real effort to cut out all sugar and refined carbs from your diet. see how long you last until your brain is screaming for bread or a donut or icecream. You'll be drooling over thoughts of sugar laden foods within days even though you are eating plenty of calories of whole, natural foods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread