FAT ring, FAT injun, shield 5cent

U

umrgolf

Started the day at the farm thats produced several 18th century coins and buttons.. dug a toasted colonial copper thats holed and a toasted shield nickel + 7 tombacs ... then, met up with a new huntin partner Joe and he took me to another farm that looks unbelievably promising.. this field has 2 humps that were apparantly old homesites... there are pottery shards and broken hand blown glass bottles all over the place.. so after 2 hours I ended up with the 1863 indian thats ALSO toast :laughing7: .. then I dug this beautiful ring (the inscription reads "LtoF" :dontknow: ) HH Jeff :headbang:

Attachments

• 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 920
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 915
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 923
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 929
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Awesome finds, must be alot of fertilizers being used there!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like yo did alright......Matt

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im glad you got out and found some cool stuff! :)
:angel11: Kell

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very nice haul Jeff. Is the ring broken or is it adjustable? I'm hopen to latch on to a good farm site someday.
Here in central Illinois not sure find those good things like out east or west. I know we had some wars around the area. Yanks and rebs marched through the area. Just where is the ?... Many more happy hunts. Ron :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thanks guys.. I believe the ring was designed that way to be adjustable but who knows.. a ring that fat could have had a couple rounds with the plow! never know :laughing7:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

thanks pull tab, too bad the stone fell out of it .. HH to u as well

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:binkybaby:
you didnt get as many reply's to your ring as i did to my FAKE
mood ring!? wonder why? LOLOLOL
:icon_queen:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some goodies. I bet that ring is OLD. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

Buck

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

prob if i put on some lipstick and a dress maybe id get as many replies as you did to ur dumb moodring :laughing9: ... and thanks buck... I think that ring is at least pre-1900.. The owner of the land is in his 60's and grew up there as a kid.. does not remember there ever being a house back in this corner of the land... Its obvious that there was though before his time BB.. like i said, glass, pottery, the 63 IH and a ring... not to mention the guy that put me on the spot has found a couple barbers and a LC back there, but I cant wait to get out there sunday! In my 2 hours in this field there were good targets every couple feet 95% of them were little pieces of old lead :wink:

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
prob if i put on some lipstick and a dress maybe id get as many replies as you did to ur dumb moodring :laughing9: ... and thanks buck... I think that ring is at least pre-1900.. The owner of the land is in his 60's and grew up there as a kid.. does not remember there ever being a house back in this corner of the land... Its obvious that there was though before his time BB.. like i said, glass, pottery, the 63 IH and a ring... not to mention the guy that put me on the spot has found a couple barbers and a LC back there, but I cant wait to get out there sunday! In my 2 hours in this field there were good targets every couple feet 95% of them were little pieces of old lead :wink:

stupid nonsense! you typed this while sitting on my couch.... my mood ring is legend! :angel5:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Your mood ring is legend heh? I think that people either looked at that post cuz they saw your name or you fooled them and made em think it was something good :laughing7: had a good time with u and the girls :headbang:

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
umrgolf2000 said:
Your mood ring is legend heh? I think that people either looked at that post cuz they saw your name or you fooled them and made em think it was something good :laughing7: had a good time with u and the girls :headbang:
:icon_thumleft: yeah boo hooo you gotta go home

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
that's a unique ring, as for mood it was probably bright blue when you found it LOL

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Looks like you have a great spot with some nice oldies coming out, congrats on the finds :hello2:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

thanks guys... I got a TOASTED button out there today :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread