Father and two adult sons looking for Gold claim in Northern New Mexico

Happy22

Greenie
Apr 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself and my two boys are looking to work/buy/lease a gold claim in NM. We live in Tierra Amarilla NM, we have some gold mining equipment and have the capability to get what we need to be successful. The Tulsa mountains/Hopewell or Golden NM are the most likely areas but am open to any and all opportunities!

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread moved to Gold Prospecting Forum....Welcome to Treasurenet and good luck.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
From what I heard ,most of Northern New Mexico is mostly private. Try contacting a Gold Prospecting club close to that part of the state to find something. Good Luck !

Diarra

Apr 15, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you be willing to work out of the country?

Myself and my two boys are looking to work/buy/lease a gold claim in NM. We live in Tierra Amarilla NM, we have some gold mining equipment and have the capability to get what we need to be successful. The Tulsa mountains/Hopewell or Golden NM are the most likely areas but am open to any and all opportunities!

Would you be willing g to work out of the country?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please reconsider your plans to buy a claim, at least until you have some experience gained through a local club. Then consider locating your own claim rather than buying one. A membership in the claims advantage group at www.mylandmatters.org will quickly show you of abandoned (closed) claims which you can re-claimed for less than $300 each!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats my dream good luck I hope you do great.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome also from MI Tommy

OP
OP
H

Happy22

Greenie
Apr 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes definitely! We have been sluicing and dredging the past couple of years and have just loved it. We have found some gold but nothing to write home about, yet. The best thing about the whole experience is being in the mountains with my two sons. We are on a mission this year to have the most fun yet and maybe even get lucky. We are starting to understand the gold prospecting process and we are getting better... Thanks for the luck!

OP
OP
H

Happy22

Greenie
Apr 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are open to all opportunities at this point. We are free and have nothing to do but find some treasure this year!

OP
OP
H

Happy22

Greenie
Apr 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes definitely!!!! I would rather locate my own claim for sure. I really just wanted to get the word out that I am looking to get serious about things this year. I did not know what to expect on this forum so I gave it a try. I am very impressed with it so far. I have already learned a bunch and have enjoyed reading. Thank you for the information!

OP
OP
H

Happy22

Greenie
Apr 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been my dream now for quite some time. Might as well do it! Life is way too short not to!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There's a lot of gold right around TA. Placitas, the Brazos, Rio Chama canyon above Abiquiu. Your area is a good place to start. Ask around with the locals and grantees and I'm sure you won't have to travel far to find a good location.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
H

Happy22

Greenie
Apr 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. Yes there is gold but but a lot of private land. I'm hoping for a good break for us to find a something special. Hopefully someone from around here reads this and has some opportunity. I'm heading up in the mountains tomorrow to have a search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions