jesse63b

Greenie
Apr 30, 2012
Western Wi. Largest 6 Pack of Beer
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
went up to my fater in laws today and had the detector with just in-case there was some road construction going on around his town. ( there wasnt anything not even a sidewalk :-(..........)
anyway just for craps and giggles went out to the front yard and found 2 wheaties, a 1957 dime, a really old brass snuff box with snuff in it buried about 5 inches under, and a Springdale milk token good for 1 pint. sorry i dont have pics cause i didnt have the phone with. hes taking some for me of the snuff box and milk token, and i will post them when i get them

Upvote 0

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do people ever give you crap for hunting torn up sidewalks? BTW, very interested to see this snuff box!

OP
OP
jesse63b

jesse63b

Greenie
Apr 30, 2012
Western Wi. Largest 6 Pack of Beer
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no not really, actually they get curious and star jaw jacking about it. actually a few weeks ago while i was looking through torn up side walks in the heart of a down town intersection in one of the towns i have to go through to get home from work,during rush hour with stop and go lights that are a long wait, i had one guy jaw jacking with me while he was sitting in his car watching me while he was waiting for the light to turn green, and he watched me pull up a 1867 Indian Head and a few seconds later a 1875 seated dime, he asked to quick see them and crapped his pants. It does feel awkward and strange doing it but hey it works for me, and you learn to tune out the background noise, talking, and strange looks. a few days later I hit the same spot again on the way home from work and pulled up a few more Indian Heads,

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was the snuff any good? My Granny dipped snuff all her life. Is the Springdale milk company still there? If so maybe you could get a pint.
Good finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread