Fathers Cache

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Father's Cache

I happened upon my Father's Cache today.? He isn't dead, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have anything hidden! I am going to load some pics. of what I found, and then return them.? I just want to know what you fellow hunters think.? Most of these I can't identify, so if you could help on that, great! The pocket knife casing and chain seem to be made of gold.? The fancy looking 'butter' knife seems to be made of bone/pearl?? Anyways, here goes.
~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Re: Father's Cache

natf, thank you for the information. What exactly is mother of pearl? Cladius, what do you mean by watch fob? Do you mean that it is part of a pocket watch? I'm sorry if these sound like silly questions, but I have no idea! lol thanks for the info natf & Cladius :D

chuckered

Sep 18, 2004
bremerton washington

Mother of pearl is that white cover on knifes to dress them up on the handle I'm sure you seen that. A watch fob is the thing that hooks up to a pocket watch and use to go from their watch pocket, that nice it would of been for dress up and usually dangled from a suits vest pocket.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, that looks awefully like a scalpel to me??? Just an opinion to throw out there... how sharp is it?

K

Kentucky Kache

Yea, that looks like a scalpel to me.

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

SearchingTudor said:
natf, thank you for the information.? What exactly is mother of pearl?? Cladius, what do you mean by watch fob?? Do you mean that it is part of a pocket watch?? I'm sorry if these sound like silly questions, but I have no idea! lol? thanks for the info natf & Cladius? :D

f\
For your info ....look inside an oyster shell ,what you see is " MOTHER OF PEARL"

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know... I'm just "suggesting" it to be a scalpel because,
1) I'm from Florida and I KNOW how sharp shells can get just by waves/sand wearing them down over time *it sucks to step on a sharp one!* and
2) I would think that if your gonna use any type of material for a scalpel, probably being a very primative instrument for that time, shell would be the *best* because of it's ability to hold a razor-like edge. Though I'm sure it would have to be taken very good care of considering the fragility of shell material. You should see how old it is... because it looks like it could possibly be from the 1800's era. *guessing?*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread