Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Father's Day Gold, Silver, and Copper

Hey everyone. Spent early morning and evening out detecting and what a day!

I've been wanting to get on the gold recently. So, I decided to head out at first light to a school sports field that is old. It was a no go as they are constructing a new bldg. Booooooo.

So, I had a backup to go to yet another old school sports field. I have been there before with the ATP and been skunked 3 or 4 times. It was discouraging. First five minutes I get a silver rosie. Over the next hour I added two more silvers - another rosie and a merc.

Now, I was going for gold and getting "distracted" by the silver. I was digging small can slaw that was smooth and sounded good! I was digging pull tabs and nickels. I was doing pretty good when I got an odd jumpy signal. I dug it and much to my surprise found a set of teeth very deep. I chalked it up to base metal, threw it in my pouch and went on my way.

I was getting tired and the day was starting to get hot, so I headed home. Later that evening I went to a schoolhouse that is much older. It is a very difficult place to hunt and it has been pounded. Within my first five minutes I got a nice chirp among the junk. I could not believe my eyes when a beautiful 2 cent piece came out of the hole - 1865 and my first!

When I got home, I rinsed the teeth off and they were super clean - no corrosion. I grabbed a neodynium magnet and it does not stick to them. I think it's lower karat gold, based on the color. I need to get officially tested, but looks good. What a day!

IMG_1313.jpg IMG_1314.jpg IMG_1331.jpg IMG_1332.jpg IMG_1333.jpg IMG_1335.jpg IMG_1325.jpg IMG_1326.jpg IMG_1322.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12
I'm curious - how many on this forum have found gold teeth? I would think it is a small number.

Congrats on your first two center. Sweet that it wasn't an 1864 too. The next one you find is bound to be an 1864. :laughing7:

I have two sets. One I found last week and one two years ago.

Congrats on your gold!

Gold is gold, even if its teeth!
Congrats on the gold and 2 cent piece! Nice!

...somebody took a bite out of something they couldn't handle! :D

I have two sets. One I found last week and one two years ago.

Congrats on your gold!

I take these were water finds? awesome finds btw, gosh, those rings are awesome!

Congrats on eking out those 3 silvers an your 1st 2 cent.:occasion14: The gold teeth are cool, gold in any form is always a welcome find.

Better hang on to those teeth. One of us old timers may need them and offer you a pretty penny or even a two cent piece for them. Nice finds...

Gold, silver and a bucket lister, a 2 cent piece. Awesome day!!

I take these were water finds? awesome finds btw, gosh, those rings are awesome!

Yep. All water finds. Thanks. I find lots and lots of rings.

That's a crazy hunt, congrats on all the stellar finds!

“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.” Robert Burns.
Ain't it grand when a plan doesn't come together and the final outcome is much better than expected...............
Congrats on a very unique set of finds................

I'm curious - how many on this forum have found gold teeth? I would think it is a small number.

I think there are a lot lost, and found. I know I have found three sets, but they were all gold plated.

Finding gold like that will put a "smile" on your face. Thanks for sharing!
For the record, I have found one set.

“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.” Robert Burns.
Ain't it grand when a plan doesn't come together and the final outcome is much better than expected...............
Congrats on a very unique set of finds................

gosh, so very true!

Very nice 2-cent piece! The Gold cap is a very interesting find, Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back