fatty indian cent

allsmith

Jun 1, 2006
north cental ohio
hey all.. got this stuff today at an old farmhouse.... had to do the salt n vinegar thing on the penny it was pretty ruff ... still can hardly make out the date but i think its 1862, not for sure though.... never found one with a hole in it.....but its a fatty ....pretty cool...... the girl scout thing was in the same hole but i dont know if its old....the buckle is my fav...best one ive found..... think its a shoe buckle or a knee buckle..not sure..getting a good collection on the tire valve caps.but i like them...... the toys are so much more fun the finding pop cans..lol.....anyways, good luck for everybody gettin out this weekend.....dont know if i will....its gonna snow here in ''round on each end an hi in the middle''...OHIO...have a good one!!!!

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF1071.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1071.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 433
  • Copy of DSCF1073.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1073.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 436
  • Copy of DSCF1074.JPG
    Copy of DSCF1074.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 428
  • Dscf1078.jpg
    Dscf1078.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I haven't gotten a "holed" coin yet(I am knocking on wood, as I type), but I haven't gotten a fat IH yet either. They say they put holes in 'em so they wouldn't get lost, yeah, GREAT system. All they did was shmuck-up a lotta good coins.

Doug Mauck

Sep 7, 2004
Topeka, Kansas
Some of the holed copper coins from the Civil War period were pinned to clothing to identify the wearer as a 'Copperhead' or 'Democrat Against the War'. See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperheads_(politics)
That would make the holed coins a fine artifact!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Doug Mauck said:
Some of the holed copper coins from the Civil War period were pinned to clothing to identify the wearer as a 'Copperhead' or 'Democrat Against the War'. See:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperheads_(politics)
That would make the holed coins a fine artifact!

I did not know that. I mean honestly,I think the "holing" thing is kinda cool, it adds some history to the coins, but if I get a 1916d merc, that somebody drilled into, I WILL scream.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread