Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just invested in a vehicle I will probably be paying for the rest of my life! I gave almost twice as much for it as I did my house back in '74! I drove the wheels off my last vehicle that served as my hunting/treasure hunting vehicle, a 1995 Chevy Silverado 4X4. After 111000 miles it was starting to get tired on me but it has always been reliable transportation, only spent money on it for minor repairs and routine maintenance. At any rate I just bought a 2006 Dodge Durango 4X4. Since it may be my last new vehicle I got every option I could think of. Even have a GPS based navigation system for my treasure hunting trips I plan to take over the next few years. And did I mention it is red? Real red! It's what we used to call Candy Apple Red back in my hotrod days, but they call it something else now. My only regret is that it doesn't match my lucky blue prospecting shirt....which I still have hidden from Kay in the back of my closet. I'll be wearing it at JD's Tnet hunt in Missouri next month! Monty

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Monty! how could you trade a Chevy in on a Dodge?? ??? LOL My detecting vehicle is a 1986 Chevy 4x4 Suburban, lifted, headers & custom exhaust. It realy comes in handy at the higher elevations here in Idaho..........I know its a false sense of security but I feel like this beast will get me out of anything! Ive taken it through some of the most incredible terain, it will almost climb a tree. I bought LQ a 94' 4x4 Suburban, Id realy like to lift it & put some bigger tires on it but she wont let me. Wont take hers up the mountain but it runs great on snow-packed roads. Suburbans make great detecting vehicles! Id rather push a Chevy than drive a ford! ;D

Attachments

• AP\'s new grill 2.jpg
    AP\'s new grill 2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,371
  • AP\'s new grill 1.jpg
    AP\'s new grill 1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,353
  • LQs 4x4.jpg
    LQs 4x4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,335

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trading a chevy for a dodge was a tough choice. I have always been a chevy man except for one old dodge pickup I owned. I had it for 13 years and it was still running when I traded it off! The secret is, I take care of my vehicles. I chose the dodge due to some new inovations, 5.8 liter Hemi. Runs on 4 cylinders at turnpike speed and goes V-8 when power is needed.Also has all time 4wd or selective locked in true 4X4, and the anti-skid feature which corrects itself in road skid situations. I know , just more things to go wrong, but I also got a 75,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty. Anyway, I'm happy and the Chevy dealers just seemed to blow me off and didn't want to deal at all. Monty

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
That's EASY !

2004 F-350 Diesel 4X4 Crew Cab w/ 8 ft bed.

My MD & diggin toys get the back seat all to themselves, and with a full 8 foot bed and 2000# payload capacity, I can dig all day and still carry out all the pull tabs I dig !!

Diggem'

warwagon72

Aug 17, 2006
Hamilton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Sunray DX-1, 9.5, 6X10, 4X6 coils. Bulls eye backup
IF YOU CAN'T DODGE EM RAM EM. 2004 Dodge Ram 2400 w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 4X4, 8 ft bed, Quad cab. ;D

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Would love to have a military humvee. After driving them for atleast 10000+ miles its certainly a work horse and a trail blazer. It's only fault is in how wide it is.

nitro74d

Aug 21, 2006
Spring hill, Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 - 11", 6" coils
White's MXT Pro -coils: 300, 4x6DD, SEF 8x6 & 15x12
Coinmaster Pro - 9" spider
Garrett sea hunter mark II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roadmaster MT. Sport SX w/shimano 18 speed index shifting, and a bolt-on air pump.

Ofcourse that is only when the wife has the car and I want to get to the local park to md.

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Usually a 1995 Astro van with 215000 miles, painted with Chalkboard paint- I can draw all over it. Sometimes a 1978 Goldwing, with the MDs strapped to the luggage rack.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
I tend to like all the comforts of home...So I bring them with me whenever possible!
We went to a state of NH auction back in'99...Bid $100 on an '89 Dodge van. It was all set up with a wheelchair
lift,ect. Well....my old man is soooooooooooo clever...he turned it into the perfect camper for 2! (mileage really stinks, tho )... sometimes we get 10 mpg :( It's great when we detect kinda far away...everything we could possibly need is in it :) We've run it on a lotta roads, tho :)
Here's Ralph and the van in '03 at Brier Island in Nova Scotia...

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,291

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have one, but I think one of these "specially equiped" Ford Pintos with the exploding rear bumber :o would help to keep traffic a safe distance off your tail and let you keep your secret MDing site safe ;)

Attachments

• 13886.jpg
    13886.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,272
P

pokerbear

Ya Know I am a Chevy man myself, have been all of my life...But right now I have this 1987 Ford F-150 it's the straight 6 300 with 4 speed tranny and it is a real rust bucket. That truck never stops. Paid $150.00 for it more than two years ago. Drive it anywhere, don't take care of it and it just keeps going and going...

Light Foot

Greenie
Nov 14, 2006
Utah
My set up is more for prospecting and then md. I use my old old old 83 vw vanagon wesphalia pop top. LOL yeh she sure is a guttless wonder, but I get about 18mp. She has 2 beds,a stove,fridge and sink with water tank. And she is a lot of fun in the back country of southern Ut. I go about as far as she will take me then break out the mtn bike with the xtracycle attachment full of gear and supplies and go even further, then break out the ol backpack and get in real deep.
Every once in a while I forget to leave a note in the vw and find out they sent out search and rescue LOL just kidding.
The xtracycle is a attachment that sets the rear axle on my old gary fisher back about 15 inches and has saddle bags that I swear will carry 2-3 lrg. kegs.

Not to big on the locale parks as you might have guessed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread