Favorite songs I was raised on

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
We all wanted to reach this status, but...........now I am here posting on TNET :dontknow:

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Dolly Parton singing " Great Balls of Fire " in Miami Vice

[/URL]

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Ventures were a favorite of mine, but EVERY time I hear this song I think of Pee Wee Herman :icon_scratch:

I wasn't a huge fan of Pee Wee, but you are right. You can't help but think of him when you hear the song.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my favorite bands :notworthy:

I never heard that before. Sounded pretty. I was saying to myself, "Check out that cape!" Then the camera panned to the audience. They didn't look very enthusiastic until that one girl leaned over and said something. I bet it was, "Check out that cape!" :laughing9:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
We all wanted to reach this status, but...........now I am here posting on TNET :dontknow:
Wrightdigger, you need to quiz ECS on his musical background. He was in a band, experienced guitarist, and also cut a record. That is ALL I have been able to get out of him but I am curious in more details but I think he doesn't trust me yet
Actual a few regionals, including '60's Orlando label TENER 45 single which has resurfaced on GEARFAB RECORDS CD-
PSYCHEDELIC STATES-Florida on the "60's Vol 4 #GF 276.
In the "60's, I knew Tom Petty during his MUDCRUTCH days, Duane and Greg when they were the ALLMAN JOYS, Don Felder in the Maudy Quintet, and later in FLOW, a Creed Taylor Records band with of my class of '66 Ocala High School friends, one of which we cowrote the Senior class play that banned and never performed.
Was a member of Rusty Day's CACTUS when he lived in Longwood, Florida- their 6GUN TERRITORRY PARK in Ocala, Florida concert is online.
Later went on to being an independent producer/marketing label/manager as field A&R for a major.
...and as Bob Segar sang, Simon, Turn the page.

PS: I saw the BEATLES, September 11, 1964 at the GATOR BOWL, Jacksonville, Florida along with several of the Florida musicians mention above.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks ECS, I knew you were hiding your talented past.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The NIGHTCRAWLERS from Daytona Beach had a minor hit with this song on 1965- a BIG hit in Florida, and every Florida garage band played this song which also provided the impetus-"If the Nightcrawlers can make it, so can we".
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers did a remake of "Little Black Egg".

Once again can't get this to load? :icon_scratch: ??? :dontknow: after 5 tries :BangHead:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread