WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

This song tells about a man who buys a used '66 Corvette and finds it comes with a ghostly soldier named Private Malone. One rainy night, while driving too fast, he misses the curb and crashes the car. Witnesses to the crash say they saw a soldier pulling him out of the car.

I think I seen this story on TV not too long ago.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Visitor" Good movie !

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

First recorded by country act Shenandoah, the heart-wrenching ballad was also covered by both Alison Krauss and the Dixie Chicks. In this story, the narrator plays the ghost who watches over a house, but doesn't upkeep it. Although it appears the ghost is suffering from a breakup and loneliness, he reveals that there actually is another ghost with him in the house.

Now I get a second chance to comment. This is a very sad song. I get the vision of two people who have fallen out of love but still living together.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
[/QUOT

I don't think I have heard this one before. Little secret about me, or maybe not so secret anymore, sometimes I get an overwhelming curiosity about the people in my cemetery. I have to fight off the urge to detect it. But it is also what drives me to detect and bottle dig the rest of the farm.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's one I am happy to find. I sang this in church. A much faster tempo, but the Johnny Cash version and the video fits in with the theme.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

The disturbing part of Bobby Bare‘s 1974 hit song is that it was loosely based on a true story and Marie Laveau was a real person. While Bare sings about an ugly witch who hides in the swampy bayou of Louisiana, the real Laveau was a practitioner of voodoo in the French Quarter – and often described as a powerful entrepreneur.

That is disturbing. I don't mess with any of that type of stuff. My mom got into numerology while I was in the army. She put together a couple of files together, one on me and one on MR WD. I never read it. I felt evil from it right off the bat and I wasn't even Christian at the time.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

GRAVEDIGGER by The New York Rock Ensemble
This song by the New York Rock Ensemble and the band was featured in the psychedelic western movie ZACHIRIAH with Don Johnson, John Rubinstein and Country Joe and the Fish as an outlaw gang with guitars in their saddle scabbards.
The New York Rock Ensemble were graduates of Julliard, where they played cellos and oboes and chamber music.
Michael Kamin, the vocalist and keyboard player went in to compose many film scores, including Kevin Costner's ROBIN HOOD,PRINCE OF THEIVES.:

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry ECS, your version wouldn't work so I downloaded this one. Interesting history. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

GRAVEDIGGER by The New York Rock Ensemble
This song by the New York Rock Ensemble and the band was featured in the psychedelic western movie ZACHIRIAH with Don Johnson, John Rubinstein and Country Joe and the Fish as an outlaw gang with guitars in their saddle scabbards.
The New York Rock Ensemble were graduates of Julliard, where they played cellos and oboes and chamber music.
Michael Kamin, the vocalist and keyboard player went in to compose many film scores, including Kevin Costner's ROBIN HOOD,PRINCE OF THEIVES.:

Sorry ECS, your version wouldn't work so I downloaded this one. Interesting history. :icon_thumright:

That one triggered my imagination. Ooooohhh! Pretty creepy! Good one, ECS, thanks. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Simon, for helping ECS with the post.

I love the tidbits of information we are getting. I D K how much I will retain being that I can hardly remember yesterday. :tongue3:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
This one is about what a cowboy hell is: rider's chasing the devil's cattle for eternity. Stan Jones wrote and recorded it in 1948. Burl Ives was the first artist to record a version, in 1949. Other artists were Gene Autry, Bing Crosby, and Johnny Cash.

I knew this one because of my dad always watching cowboy shows.

Many other artists have recorded it through the years. It is a Ole Time Cowboy favorite that people are still recording today.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the melody is based on "When Johnny Comes Marching Home."

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job on adding information Sis. Some songs never die. Ghost Rider sure has crossed many decades. :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread