WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Being the youngest of 5, I had an early introduction to my siblings tunes. Remember sitting on the bedroom floor staring at this cover while listening to the tunes.

Well hey, pepperj! You snuck in on me. I was just thinking of Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band the other day. That is probably my favorite Beattle's song. Oh and When I'm 64 is a good one. Great album! Thanks!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can guess it's pretty close to the same reason I quit. It's cold, the ground is too hard, and lack of moisture in the ground.
Yes, getting cold up here and I am having my kidney stones blasted! Can't wait to get rid of those little time bombs waiting to go off when you least expect it...

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My attention has been alerted to the first few videos of the thread. It appears there are videos that are unavailable now. Awesome! We have plenty of re-do's to post!

My dad used to play the guitar. We would sit in his bedroom for hours playing and singing. Mostly it was Johnny Cash. This was my favorite. I could have chosen a better video, but this one is more reminiscent of my childhood. It's vintage Grand Ole Opry which we always watched.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, getting cold up here and I am having my kidney stones blasted! Can't wait to get rid of those little time bombs waiting to go off when you least expect it...
OOHHH! My daughter suffers from those every once in a while. Not good. Good luck on that procedure, SD. I hope it brings you a lot of relief.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wanna Dig: The first C and W songs I can remember (when most grandfathers were alive) were 'Cool Water' by the Sons of the Pioneers; and Ghost Riders in the Sky by Vaughn Monroe. I, too, lived near Dayton for four year (MU in Oxford).

Don.....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck with the procedure, have a quick recovery.
I had a stone get lodged in the entrance to the bladder on Boxing Day (Dec26/20) I felt like I had gone few rounds with Mike Tyson doing kidney shots on me.
A hour trip by ambulance + 9 hrs in emergency, followed by a barf bag trip home in the truck in winter weather.
I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy
Then again what a way to tell somebody off. " Hope you get a kidney stone"🤣🤣🤣

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck with the procedure, have a quick recovery.
I had a stone get lodged in the entrance to the bladder on Boxing Day (Dec26/20) I felt like I had gone few rounds with Mike Tyson doing kidney shots on me.
A hour trip by ambulance + 9 hrs in emergency, followed by a barf bag trip home in the truck in winter weather.
I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy
Then again what a way to tell somebody off. " Hope you get a kidney stone"🤣🤣🤣
Thanks pepperj, they have a new procedure to laser blast all of them at once. Much better than the old methods...

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The Monkees final concert with Mike Nesmith and Mickey Dolenz just took place on November 14th...

Remember them well from high school!

Wow! That is a great article! I never knew all of the history and influence on music that they had. MTV was a shocker. For you newbies to the thread, the Monkees are one of my favorites and Peter was my favorite Monkee. I was pleasantly surprised with the redo of this song:

And with 5 grandkids, I am still watching Shrek.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wanna Dig: The first C and W songs I can remember (when most grandfathers were alive) were 'Cool Water' by the Sons of the Pioneers; and Ghost Riders in the Sky by Vaughn Monroe. I, too, lived near Dayton for four year (MU in Oxford).

Don.....

I remember those, Don. Funny thing, just the other nigh, we turned on the MU football game. I said, “ That’s the school Don Mackay went to.” Thanks for the songs Don. I know you have some good old favorites to add.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread