The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one who likes to search plowed fields? There is something so peaceful to me about the vast expanse of land. I pulled a beautiful Colonial reins guide a few years back in a field that was well over 20 acres,very rewarding.

No I love them for searching for Native American artifacts and saving as many as I can from the plow. My favorite is a freshly plowed field just after or even during a heavy rain. Also I like tobacco field too because less insects and pests as nicotine is a natural pesticide.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite is the beach and in the water. I also like around homes older than the 1930's and especially if they have been demolished or are in the state of being.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parks and the beach seem to be the best for me but I would like to get a shot at some old cellars and old campsites that might have been missed or previously unavailable. Working with a friend who has knowledge and friendships with families around the area . Hoping that he will get us into some areas that have been off-limits before. Good to have extra machines to loan out!

That's a good point. I have several machines and the simpler ones I can loan out to folks interested in this sport. Might even lead to more permissions if you play your cards right.:icon_thumright:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Am I the only one who likes to search plowed fields? There is something so peaceful to me about the vast expanse of land. I pulled a beautiful Colonial reins guide a few years back in a field that was well over 20 acres,very rewarding.
I like plowed fields. I found a "trash" target in a field. It was a white metal token from a local ghost town, long forgotten. Tyner, NC. Nice find! ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you can find stage stops on private land, that no one else has had the b*lls to find, research, and access, are some of the best spots. I've found a few virgin stage stops in my 40 yrs. TALK ABOUT FUN ! Seateds, a few gold coins, etc... :occasion14:

But the obvious and easy-to-hit and the well-documented "colorful" ones will often have already been exploited. Low-hanging-fruit :)
I have found a farrier shop near the house. I have yet to find the home station or swing station that was (is) associated with it. Probably up on a clearing above the road (farrier shop). ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tessy, here is an Indian artifact found here on the property. Judy's dad found it around 1955. It is a "portable" grinding bowl. The Stanislaus River (below the property) has many grinding holes along it. ╦╦Ç

bowl.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread