FDR: "Its lonely at the top"

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
FDR: "It's lonely at the top"

Before a thunderstorm cut short the day's hunt at the silver farm, I managed to pull this 50D Rosey from the clutches of the earth. I won't be surprised if this fills an empty spot in one of the Rosey albums. The other notable find was a 27 wheat, and I missed the dollar mark because of the storm. I was trying to hunt in shade, as temps in the 90's are predicted today; the humidity is trying to keep pace! Right before the skies opened up, one of the cottage owners pulled up and had a cow about my being there. He threatened to call the police etc., and I invited him to. I have permission from the property owners to be there (we went through this at the other end of the farm), and he should be happy that there is another set of honest eyes watching the place. Apparently, he's been robbed many times over. In my best Clint Eastwood glare and tone I asked if I looked like a villain with my five and seven year old henchmen in tow. He had to concede that point.

Attachments

• single (2).jpg
    single (2).jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0
OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: FDR: "It's lonely at the top"

KirkPA said:
I would have laughed at the dude in my infamous arrogant style. :D
He may have been afraid I WAS you ;D

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice silver ya got there, ya know I don't understand why so many people just hate seeing someone metal detecting, it's so ridiculous, especially if you are in the city it's even worse yet, people yell at ya and everything, must be they're having a bad day and are trying to rub it off on you, any how good luck with your future hunts

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Putting up with people is just something we have to do. At least you came away with some silver. Way to go!

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage

You know I had something similiar to that just today. Some dude is walking his dog. We notice each other but that's about it. 30 minutes later he's back with someone else pointing at me. So I point back at them and give them the WTF shrug to see what's next. I could understand if they were geniunely interested, but I could tell by the body language and crossed arms that they just hated seeing me popping coins with my screwdriver. I just don't get it. I should've yelled over "hey if you're gonna walk your dog here pick up the poop". >:( Oh well, the beat goes on.
HH, Mike in NJ

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

I don't get grief from anybody..... yet.
Then again, at 6'4" and 240 lbs. not many
are willing to go there. If they only knew
what a teddy bear I was. LOL
Glad you got something before the storm!

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

tymcmurray said:
I don't get grief from anybody..... yet.
Then again, at 6'4" and 240 lbs. not many
are willing to go there. If they only knew
what a teddy bear I was. LOL
Glad you got something before the storm!
I'm 6'4" and 250+; if a person has a bee in their rectum it doesn't matter how big you are, they'll try to remove it. He was also 87; maybe he's tired of life ;D.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:D :D

Good find on the rosy, 1/2!