Feast your eyes on this box I made!!!!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpeg

Someone must have dumped a roll of silver war nickels because when I dumped the bag out it was obvious to the world!!! I picked out those that I can, and went out of my way to make sure they ended up on Enders. That's over half a box with Enders!!!! Lol I hope that box makes it to a crh, if it does I would have made someone's day.

Upvote 0

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad that I am not in your area. I would love to get that box. Some of those War Nickels look like they are in great shape.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also found a 1950 D nickel in either Lower AU or upper extra fine condition. I found it because the condition stuck out.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
My exclamation when I saw that picture would have violated T-Net's code of conduct...

You're going to make someone's day.

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
I can guarantee I would need to change my pants shortly after cracking a box like this open.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Wouldn't it be cool if a CRH does find it, then post it as a great score!??

I've never searched boxes of nickels....but you just made me want to.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of: that would be a dream box of nickels, I would crap my pants. Second: Maybe you stated this before but does your company supply Brinks or Loomis or other companies like that or supply the banks just in the area they are in? Third: I think I'm going to start ordering some nickel boxes.

Last edited:

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all your posts. It is fun to see what goes on inside the coin rolling facilities. Do not risk your job for us. Your posts seem to prove that these facilities to not cull silver. (At least yours) If they had the time to do so, our hobby would be doomed!

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it!!!! How many war nickels do you estimate are in that box total? Just the enders plus a few others?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I never saw a DREAM BOX of WAR nickels before. Just fantastic to look at, your not jerking our chain are you. GREAT, just GREAT.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
View attachment 1296376

Someone must have dumped a roll of silver war nickels because when I dumped the bag out it was obvious to the world!!! I picked out those that I can, and went out of my way to make sure they ended up on Enders. That's over half a box with Enders!!!! Lol I hope that box makes it to a crh, if it does I would have made someone's day.

Going to put in a huge order of nickels this week with the hope of nailing this box

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice looking box right there. Hope it finds its way to a CRHer!

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going to put in a huge order of nickels this week with the hope of nailing this box

it might have gotten shipped out last night or going to be shipped out tonight...

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First of: that would be a dream box of nickels, I would crap my pants. Second: Maybe you stated this before but does your company supply Brinks or Loomis or other companies like that or supply the banks just in the area they are in? Third: I think I'm going to start ordering some nickel boxes.

Ive seen Brinks picking up at my facility. Ive also seen a few Brink boxes on pallets waiting to be loaded into trucks. SO Im not sure how they end up in our facility.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love it!!!! How many war nickels do you estimate are in that box total? Just the enders plus a few others?

Buffaloboy, there should be 35 silver nickels in there, 34 Enders and maybe one within a roll somewhere.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If i had the time, i would make a Full ender box, but i didnt want to slow down my production anymore... Especially since yesterday was ALL TD bags, which are 100$ in nickels each. I had to make a few boxes of coins, then clear any machine that are stuck with bigger coins. When I have time I have to briskly walk around to the back of the machines, stack up the bags and cut them open. Walk back around and make a few more boxes then go back the back of the machines and dump a dozen bags or so. Nickels are VERY fast paced, because they fly through the stacker.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another amazing post Liu! Thank you for your contributions to our hobby. I already have two nickel boxes waiting at home to go through; but, this is totally tempting me to try my hand at fate and stop by the bank to grab some more. Since you are located near my region, I can only hope! :)

Thanks again Liu
-TwoYewts

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should start marking the boxes somehow, write "Liu" inside or something. Only us on this site would know what it meant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread