Features on a metal detector??

What is the most important feature on a metal detector?

• Multiple Fequencies?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coin Tone?

• Target Depth?

• Total voters

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
I like setting my detector to have a high pitched sound for coins. It makes it fun when you hear that unmistakable sound and you know there's either a quarter, dime or silver down under.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I'd have to say depth. Although multi-freq. do seem to be a big + for Minelab, and now there's other co. looking to do the same so they can get the depth.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a beginner I'd say coin tone. Once you get to finding coins you are hooked and then start paying attention to other features.

J

Jim Cal

Since you can't vote for more than 1 I chose target id. If I have an idea of what it is I can decide whether to dig or not based on all of the other factors one has to consider. Almost all name brand detectors get pretty good depth so that's why my vote. Jim Cal

K

Kentucky Kache

I'm primarily a cache hunter, so depth is the thing for me. Most things may not be all that deep, but I feel better with a large coil.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A BIG SCREEN THAT SHOWS ME A PICTURE OF EXACTLY WHAT IS DOWN THERE, WITH ENOUGH DETAIL TO SHOW THE DATE!!!! ;D

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I voted for Target Depth ..As I like the feature in loquickly locating an unearthed,and overlooked target,or coin..
Tone difference second with me,I like it as well in being able to tell the sound difference between a Nickle or Gold,and Silver Targets..
I hunt with a CX III that has all the 'bells' and whistles,and I am a little too dependant on the VISUAL... I still try to train myself to LISTEN and HEAR the target ,and being alerted with a good repeatable low tone signal Is exciting..Then I look and see what the LCD says..When I dig it that depth pinpointer is a great help to me....Can't hardly do without it...
ONE QUESTION.................
The Frequency choices that are offered by my ,(and Other) detectors....What Frequency1-8 is best to use for all porpose Coin shooting.................And which frequency is best for Gold Ect. ????????

Attachments

• sm1.gif
    sm1.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 310

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread