fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds, Fossis.........................

OP
OP
hikermike

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Thanks fossis!! There were some pretty good finds among all the clad! All those pennies kill the knees...lol.
Here is a close up pis of the best ring of the three I found. Just hate it's missing four of the stones!
Happy hunting!!
Hikermike

Attachments

• ring ft 3.jpg
    ring ft 3.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 546

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, there's more...may have to wait for warmer weather to get back out. Good luck & HH ;D

;) RR

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Great finds!

That ring is too cool. Those stones could be replaced. Take it to a jeweler. See what they might charge.

What a fun location that must be.

Ridley

OP
OP
hikermike

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Thanks guys!! There is 16 acres on this plot of land. There were three houses located here with only one still standing, the former boys home, which was built in the 20's. The other two are gone other than a few rocks from the supports and fireplaces.These are the old areas. I was suprised that it has never been detected before. Its getting harder and harder to find virgin ground like this these days! Cant' wait to get back out there! There has got to be more silver!!
hikermike

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great finds. The Swastika is really a Indian good luck charm from the 20's. I have found many items with that on them. Sounds like a neat site. I would hit it hard, go slow and dig all the signals. Good Luck.

By the way, what state do you live in that you can still hunt. The weather here in Ohio is cold, cold, cold and lots of snow. We had over 12 inches fall yesterday.

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
hikermike

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Im in South Carlina...just south of Charlotte N.C. I wondered about the swastika....Would that be the native american indians? If so that makes sense because this land is located about a mile from the catawba river on what was part of the original catawba indian tribes land.
Thanks for the info. and have fun in all the snow..lol!!
hikermike

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh buddy you've hit a gold mine for detecting. What is that ring made of? It sure looks nice. You made a nice haul there. Go get some more goodies for us to drool over, lol

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
16 ACRES!!???? That is hunting grounds for years. Amazing finds you have and I am sure there is much muchmore there. The ring is just too cool for words. Are those stones real????
~Nash~

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Nice pile of loot - sounds like we'll be seeing a lot more from that site in the future!

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
You need a wheel barrow my friend with hauls like that. A really cool site it sounds like and it surely is producing a plentiful bounty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread