Feb totals so far and questions.

Nomatic00

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's what I have found so far this month..

$906 in nickels 9 war 2 Buffaloe 1 Liberty V
$5050 in dimes 13 Roosevelt 1 (:censored: up)Mercury
$5081.50 in halves 2 40% Kennedy

With the halves being so low, do you guys think that I should try and find a bank that is supplied by a different coin company? I normally see 20-30 marked halves per box and they are almost all the same mark. I have only been at this a few weeks. Is that a high number of marked coins? Should I try and get out of the downstream flow of this guys dumps?

Upvote 0

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What year was the V nick? I pulled one yesterday an 1899 oldest coin found to date. also 9 wars for 9 boxes is really good avg. I'm avg. .66 every box and a buffalo every .66 boxes. keep it up!!HH

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20-30 marked halves per box isn't a high number. Its a low number.

OP
OP
Nomatic00

Nomatic00

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What year was the V nick? I pulled one yesterday an 1899 oldest coin found to date. also 9 wars for 9 boxes is really good avg. I'm avg. .66 every box and a buffalo every .66 boxes. keep it up!!HH

It's a 1905. It's in pretty rough shape, but I keep pulling it out to look at it :) My oldest found coin so far..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
20-30 marked halves per box isn't a high number. Its a low number.

+1. and if you are seeing a lot of dif marked halves that is a good thing, it means they are getting processed and mixed in with dif batches of coins, it increases your odds of finding something A few weeks of doing this isn't enough time yet, it is a very slow and time consuming process to find something, and that something may only be 1 or 2 keepers. Good luck, Maverick.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been seeing a big number of halves marked on the obverse or reverse lately. However, lots of people seem to be marking edges for some reason. Not sure how you would be able to tell your edge mark from someone else's. doesn't seem to make sense.

OP
OP
Nomatic00

Nomatic00

Jan 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Ark and Mav.. I'll keep at and cross my fingers that it'll get better..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread