Fed ran out of halves?!

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
Well I knew this day would probably come... and here it is. My tried and true ordering bank said they would no longer be able to get halves for me. I have been getting them for 2 years about steady and it sounds like the fun is over. I asked the vault teller lady and she said that she wasn't sure why but all she knew was they said ordering halves was suspended indefinety because of lack of supply at the fed. So I just asked her to keep me informed. She said she would. I had kinda called her out asking her if it was because of them complaining about all the halves going through because I know there are alot of people that do half dollars but go though alot more then me. She seemed unaware of anything like that. Which she very well may be. Its probably the upper management if anything. Ohh well........ I liked that bank... but there are others.

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Just find another bank to order for you and dump them at your current pick up, and than say I'm here to bail out the Fed. LOL.

Mojo

XX

Jan 11, 2008
So does anyone know of a good site to post bank reviews. I personally am getting sick of banks that lie without any repurcussions.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I am scheduled to pick up my weekly box tonight. I will see if they say anything.

Sounds fishy to me. No way could they be short of halves considering how many billions have been minted over just the past 50 years.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
They had my box Friday, and said nothing about the Fed running out.

My 4th skunk box in a row. This is getting old.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Same thing happened to me my friend, I went to the same bank but different branch and had absolutely no problem ordering the halves. Some banks just don't want to deal with us.

-Golden Silver

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
golden silver said:
Same thing happened to me my friend, I went to the same bank but different branch and had absolutely no problem ordering the halves. Some banks just don't want to deal with us.

-Golden Silver
Could the reason be that, they are not coin shops, they are banks?

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
They may have ran out at their depository vault but the Feds did not run out. They will have to refill their depository from their main reserve. Or someone found out how much Brinks was charging them per box and decided not to order any more.

HH
Cat

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
"Could the reason be that, they are not coin shops, they are banks?" Wow you are astoundingly observant AMC...Do you even coin roll hunt? My next question; are coins currency? Then if so don't banks supply that currency? They are banks not coin shops you are right but I am ordering CURRENCY and in my opinion they should supply the money which is coming from my account in any way I request...no questions asked.

-Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread