HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope everyone is enjoying summer and keeping cool in this miserable heat!! I was out digging today in a cut hay field in about 80-90 degree heat in Stafford,Virginia and ended up scoring a Federal Officers Staff button! My father tagged along with me with his old-school nautilus metal detector with a big big ass coil head on it that he bought in the mid 1980s. He was into digging back in the late 1970s/80s and 90s but doesn't get out as much! My brother was in town also and was out watching us hunt! so we made it a family day thing. We also dug about six union bullets. I was soo happy we didn't dig any general service buttons today but better buttons. Will try and get a picture of my dads Michigan button he dug today but he kinda dinged it alittle bit with the shovel. Anyway - Good luck everyone.

Attachments

• P7060375.JPG
    P7060375.JPG
    781.8 KB · Views: 193
  • P7060376.JPG
    P7060376.JPG
    495.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 1

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Very nice find and it looks like it has some gold on it!

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great finds, and very nice that you were able to share in it with your dad.

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You told me there were lots of eagle buttons in Stafford HSD. That's a nice one. Congrats & HH, Q.

140,000 + Union soldiers.. Camped in Stafford for almost 3 years. IMO there is probably within Stafford, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania i would say over 1 million General Service buttons lost... Let me know whenever you come up this way VOL. I would love too take you by the White Oak Museum and too a certain Civil War shop in Stafford and then go out for a-little hunt, maybe in Sept or Oct ? I can at least get you into a spot too dig a few eagle buttons..

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice find HSD. And it looks like about half the gilt is remaining, and a proper cleaning should bring that out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread