Feedback on this carving please....

PRush

Greenie
Dec 20, 2006
Arkansas
Ok I am posting this to see what you guys all have to say. This carving was found near a site where the U of A has been researching in the past. They believe that the site they were at is spanish. I have found 2 perfect turtle monuments not too far from there. A 15 foot turtle and a 12 foot long sea turtle that I have posted earlier. This carving is in both locations along with another location all in direct lines over several miles. Anyone have any comments on this juvenile carving? thanks guys

Attachments

• face.JPG
    face.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,029
OP
OP
P

PRush

Greenie
Dec 20, 2006
Arkansas
Ok these petroglyphs are very close also. What a shame someone shot bullets through the stone. This is one of the bluffs next to the place Dr Hill mined for many years in search of the lost Spanish Treasure. Comments??
Thanks

Attachments

• petroglyphs to post.JPG
    petroglyphs to post.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 1,066

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
PRush said:
Ok these petroglyphs are very close also. What a shame someone shot bullets through the stone. This is one of the bluffs next to the place Dr Hill mined for many years in search of the lost Spanish Treasure. Comments??
Thanks
Are you sure those are bullet holes? They look almost too uniform for that. Bore holes, maybe?

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i agree af....bullets would have chipped away portions but unless rock is VERY soft it never would have left perfect holes...

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Just curious... Is this anywhere near Cass, Arkansas? I seem to recall hearing that many years ago, when treasure hunters were scouring those hills for Spanish silver and gold, some of the local folks added a few "signs" during the off season to keep visitors interested.

Cactus_Cache

May 6, 2007
PRush said:
Ok I am posting this to see what you guys all have to say. This carving was found near a site where the U of A has been researching in the past. They believe that the site they were at is spanish. I have found 2 perfect turtle monuments not too far from there. A 15 foot turtle and a 12 foot long sea turtle that I have posted earlier. This carving is in both locations along with another location all in direct lines over several miles. Anyone have any comments on this juvenile carving? thanks guys

The turtles might not indicate treasure. They might indicate death. Perhaps of a child? I posted some information about the signficance of markings (turtles) in a previous response. You can check J. Frank Dobie's Coronado's Children - Tales of Lost Mines and Buried Treasures of the Southwest for more information about markings. In Dobie's book, there is no "face" marking. The size of the turtoes is very remarkable though. Something very significant is buried nearby.

Cactus_Cache

OP
OP
P

PRush

Greenie
Dec 20, 2006
Arkansas
My book on this story is out now and at Barnes and Noble, Amazon and publish america. Its titled "The River" by Patti Rush. It has the whole story in it of the little hermit that is thought to have found a huge cache there and it remains there as he feared it was cursed. He would only bring out a few gold coins at a time and sell them. He was murdered over the gold by a family member. There were about 12 murders over this mans find.
PRush

jivey1ark

Sep 26, 2007
Altus, AR
Detector(s) used
White's Prism II
The mine that was Dr. Tobe Hill's was co-owned by my husbands grandfather, Tom Ivey. I don't know where or any of the particulars, just thought I would toss that info into the mix.

Carolyn

OP
OP
P

PRush

Greenie
Dec 20, 2006
Arkansas
Would love to chat sometime and tell you about the documents I have come across on the mines. In the meantime I want to share our latest 2 finds on this adventure. I am going to the bluff in the next few days. After my book came out, I was given more info by people from all over. These tips led us on and this is what we have found. I can't wait to get back up there... The first is a stone that was visited by Gloria Farley years ago, according to the land owner, he states there were more but she took the rest with her and he never saw her again. This man and woman also said a professor from one of the Universities translated this stone to say
King Sol hither here and then departed
I have not verified that yet.

Attachments

• hither here stone.JPG
    hither here stone.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 486
  • hither here stone.JPG
    hither here stone.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 483
OP
OP
P

PRush

Greenie
Dec 20, 2006
Arkansas
Then we headed on and here is what we spotted. Can you see the huge carved cross to the right?

Attachments

• Devils Canyon Cave west bluff small withcross.JPG
    Devils Canyon Cave west bluff small withcross.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 527
  • Devils Canyon Cave west bluff small withcross.JPG
    Devils Canyon Cave west bluff small withcross.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 497

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread