Feeling Lucky,,,, With pics now.

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
Thanks for looking, got a pic now.

The girlfriend wanted to hunt and I did to so I called a friend on the other side of the county. We got to hunt a 1910 Sears and Roebuck house.? Yes, the house was ordered out of sears and roebuck catalogue.

She found her first silver, a 57 rosie in excellent shape. I thought she got stung by a bee when she hollered.? I found my second Barber dime. 1916s in just great shape, wish it was a d merc but I still think it is a beautiful coin. That was the first dirty coin I ever put in my mouth to clean. The second coin I ever washed like that came about 45 minutes later. 1907 Indian Head with no wear on it at all. It is the most beautiful green coin I have ever seen. As you can tell, it doesn't take much to make me happy. We also found a few wheats and clad.

Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• Coins.jpg
    Coins.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 432
  • Coins back.jpg
    Coins back.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Feeling Lucky

In the words of buckwheat," me too neither" crutch. I can find a wheatie after a three hour hunt, and I'm fine with that. Good finds and tell the girlfriend ;) way to go. HH! Chris

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Most excellent! I'm still stalking that elusive barber dime. Any day with the finds you got would be great by me. I believe old homes are some of the best places - usually unsearched. Would love to see some pics.

Bob

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds

livetoplay804

Apr 25, 2005
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
There are those days that you dig and dig and find nothing but junk. Then out pops the goods. Very nice finds. You know what they say, no site is ever dug out. I bet you if you try you could find more stuff from the same place. Good luck.

Again Very Nice
Chris in SW MO

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'da been hollerin too.. finding such a great coin! :D Really great stuff!!!!

Congrats!!

Nana ;)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, congrats.

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOOHOO! YEAH! YIPPY! I GOT ONE!!
Oh, sorry... just recalling when I got my 1st silver coin :D

Chris

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coins! Good job on finding them, and very nice pics as well. As for putting them in your mouth, yuuuuuuuck dude! Good luck finding some more of them!!! HH!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice that salivia did a great job on cleaning it. Now that's some I need to i.d it quick methods. I just let my good old machine tell me what it is. But I have dug hundreds of old coins. Your able to develope patience after so many finds. Any first will get you going.

Continued Luck

Jeremy

M

mchamby

I know they say we'll eat a peck of dirt before we die but I don't think I'd pop a dirty coin in my mouth, I have spit on a few before. ;D Great coins. HH :)
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread