Felix paydirt question

AMorgan

Feb 22, 2008
Houston Texas
I ordered two bags of motherlode concentrate thinking I was going to get a better deal than I normally would from other vendors of concentrate. The price was about 50% more for a bag, so I figured that I should get at least 1.5 to 2 grams per bag....

Boy was I wrong!!!

Post your thoughts and experiences below and I will reveal how much I did get after a few responses...

Alan

Upvote 0

RetRmy

Apr 17, 2007
Being in southern Mo., where it's almost impossible to find gold, I have bought concentrates to practice, and I was VERY happy with the two suppliers I bought from. The first was a dealer I found online. I paid around $45 for a bag of mixed concentrates containing gold and gemstones. I actually found about 3 good pickers, and when I weighed everything, I had recovered enough to cover the cost of the cons. that was at GoldFeverProspecting.com
The other was from a fella that advertises in the "Gold prospectors and Gem hunters" magazine that GPAA members receive in the mail. he was in the classified section, no email just his name and phone #.
He is in Mena,Arkansas. when he sent me my cons. he also sent a map of areas to pan around the Mena area.
Again I was Very pleased. His name is Jay Wammack. I dont think I better give his phone # without permission, but just look in your past issues of the magazine. I would definitely reccomend either of these two sources.
Happy hunting
RetRmy

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
I plan on making panning bags myself going to give it a try because i can't get not even close spot price for my gold and I have more into that gold then $800 an ounce LOL A LOT MORE my gold should be worth about $4,000 for what I have put out to get what little I have and I need to get back some resoucre$$$$

I am not going to rip people off there going to get a lot of good gold in a bag even some pickers in each one I have enough of those around plus there going to get the dirt I dredged not home D sand there going to get the black sand also but I will clean out some of it because i know its hard on those without much experience panning and I don't want them losing any gold.

For us small time operations this is the way to go I think, I have one friend who sells them privately and he makes nice change and kids get to learn to pan and take home some really nice gold.

It took me several trips to a well known creek in mariposa before I found even a flake but once I did I was HOOKED so I hope the kids that find gold in my bags get interested in being a prospector becuase its the most fun ( and frustration :tard: ) I have had my entire 47 years of life.

goldmadness14

Greenie
Oct 1, 2008
Hoser John said:
:tard: dirt bags--we don' need no stinkn' dirtbags!!! dirt bags from dirt bags= :tard:

Lol Exactly. If there was an appreciable amount of gold in them, they wouldnt be selling them. Why you would you buy one anyway?If you want to go that route might as well buy gold nuggets on Ebay. It defeats the whole purpose.

rmhventures

Sep 26, 2009
Phoenix
I do not know how Felix makes his concentrates but I can tell you that alot of sellers have special formulas that they use to make-up the dirt. Starting with paydirt from a known area and then mixing it up with nice gold nuggets, flakes, and pickers.

Here is our formula taken straight from my website. This will explain a little bit how we do it. If you understand how we do it you will understand that some people will get more gold than others. That is what makes it fun, but without feeling ripped off. Yes, sometimes you will get less than you pay for, but there are many times you get alot more. Here is my excerpt from arizonapaydirt.com. (Notice how we already start with rich paydirt.)

When you say "paydirt recipe or formula", what do you mean?
First of all, there are no natural paydirts sold on the internet. If there was there would be a lot of unhappy customers because there would nonetheless be alot of people not getting gold.

We set up a very special formula so that our customers are happy (some more than others) and we can still get a little profit to live off of.

Here is how it works:

1st Step: Gather a 145 pound tub full of rich paydirt from one of our gold bearing areas in Northern Arizona.

2nd Step: Classify the material to 1/2 inch so nobody gets huge rocks in their concentrates. This leaves us with about 140 pounds.

3rd Step: We take 10 grams of bigger flakes, 5 grams of pickers, and 5 grams of largers nuggets and throw them in the dirt.

4th Step: Mix, so that the gold is dispersed all over in the dirt.

5th Step: Take orders. Once an order is in we scoop the dirt randomly out of the tub and put it into our bags this way we have no way of knowing how much gold actually got into the bag. Before we close the bag we sprinkle it with some fine flakes just to make sure that no one gets hosed out of gold.

6th Step: Ship the dirt.

7th Step: Sit back, relax, and wait for the customer to order again because they are so happy with the first batch! :)

20 GRAMS IN 140 POUNDS EQUALS 1 GRAM FOR EVERY 7 POUNDS

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I'm sorry I just had to chimed in here after reading all the replies, first let me give you a little about why I buy cons , I have an elderly mother who cant get around very well an 2 young girls 5 & 8 I call my Minnie miners they LOVE to pan an the 8 year old is damn good at it , I live in Arizona an for that reason it's hard to get these 3 out into the desert to hunt for gold , the heat the terrain the whole 9 yards . my girls luv to sit around in the shade with their grandma an pan for gold .

FelixPayDirt.....well calling Felix a thief is putting it politely . ..... My mother bought a few big bags from (bites tongue ) Felix, I'm talking $300-$400 an gave em out for Xmas last year , long story short bags of dirt is what she got with very little if any gold in em , when she called an raised hell she was politely told an I quote .....did you find ANY gold at all ?....yes ..then that's all I'm responsible for my adds say you will find gold not how much gold so take me to court an we will see who wins ..

there are allot of us that enjoy buying the cons , just because we do it don't make us lazy , we all pay for this hobby one way or another an those that buy cons know they will not get rich they enjoy the panning an seeing color , not 4 lb nuggets just color.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
ok I'm sorry I just had to chimed in here after reading all the replies, first let me give you a little about why I buy cons , I have an elderly mother who cant get around very well an 2 young girls 5 & 8 I call my Minnie miners they LOVE to pan an the 8 year old is damn good at it , I live in Arizona an for that reason it's hard to get these 3 out into the desert to hunt for gold , the heat the terrain the whole 9 yards . my girls luv to sit around in the shade with their grandma an pan for gold .

FelixPayDirt.....well calling Felix a thief is putting it politely . ..... My mother bought a few big bags from (bites tongue ) Felix, I'm talking $300-$400 an gave em out for Xmas last year , long story short bags of dirt is what she got with very little if any gold in em , when she called an raised hell she was politely told an I quote .....did you find ANY gold at all ?....yes ..then that's all I'm responsible for my adds say you will find gold not how much gold so take me to court an we will see who wins ..

Exactly!Not everyone can go out and get gold bearing dirt!!!!I still have some cons left,let me know if you would like to give mine a try!!
there are allot of us that enjoy buying the cons , just because we do it don't make us lazy , we all pay for this hobby one way or another an those that buy cons know they will not get rich they enjoy the panning an seeing color , not 4 lb nuggets just color.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waaaaaaa, my bag of dirt doesnt work right.... lame... buy some flakes on line for a real market price and ad your own dirt if you need to practice that bad.i am so glad ive never had to complain about not having enough black sand.

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
LMAO!

aint life funny?

i want to buy a new car for what it is really worth not for the price of a small house which is not realistic.

i also want to find at least an ounce of gold in every pan every time i go prospecting. but thats not realistic either so i will settle for what i get when i get it just like the old timers did and i will drive my old beater to get there.

LOL life is only as good as you make it so dont sweat the small stuff.

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
LMAO the wife just got a sample from felix and its total bunk.

there were a few small flakes added to some crushed mica and quarts(the flakes did NOT come from this worthless dirt, they were added.)

Dont buy this crap, if you want to pan then buy some gold, mix it with a handfull of heavies and pan the stuff.

What a joke, people like it because they can pan a bucket out in 5 minutes but if you are a real prospector dont waste your cash.

buckyboy

Nov 19, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes this guy is a rip and making tons of money, good for him! But the misrepresentation on his web site is ridiculous. I ordered a bag just to check it out and, well see for yourself at dredger.me

Sorry to make you click away but can't find the pic to post here.

Visual evidence shows less then 1/3 of what he shows and the total on that was under 1.7 grams.

No black sand in the cons. Obviously these are salted bags of cons.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Where do you go to view the pics dredger.me

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
The guys that make cons, and say ohhh we have this special process....step 1 blah blah freakin blah! Step 2 step 3. BS.
Thats an easy out for the times they are running low and selling flour gold. Oh you didn't get lucky? If you want to run a successful business you have to build a reputation of quality.

Randomly (or claiming to) adding an amount of gold to an amount of sand and then stirring it is rediculous, unless that bucket is continually spinning like a lottery wheel. Whats even more ludicrous is calling it prospecting. When someone pays hard cash for advertised quality, and then gets the "Ohh well we mix it like this" Just shows you are lazy, un professional and or a con artist.

Grow some integrity you paydirt sellers. Figure your cost of business. Figure the current price of gold. Figure the profit you want and salt every bag the same. The people who buy from you do it as noobies, maybe handicapped folk. Folks that live in regions w/no gold who just like to pan.

If you made a guarantee, which ever it was and your customers were satisfied, your businesses would take off like wild fire. Even if people paid a little extra for the actual value of the gold. Stiffing your customers only creates bad press and will kill your business in the end. Yes, I own my own business and know how to treat customers right.

Do the right thing! Now I'll climb down off my high horse... ;D
Jack

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to reply the same as I did in another thread about paydirt...

Figure out the cost and you won't buy it. There is a guy selling one pound of paydirt on ebay for $29.95 plus $10.99 shipping. If you go thru his numerous auctions you will see that hs is selling about 75 pounds a week. He's making a killing to a lot of people who don't do or know how to do the math.

Do the math! $29.95/pound = $59,900.00 per ton ! Do you know of a concentration of gold anywhere that has approximately 60 ounces of gold per ton?

Even at $1.00 per pound for paydirt you are paying $2,000.00 per ton! About $2,100 per ton would be about 62 parts per million! 62ppm is about 62 grams per ton. Mining companies will mine 1 ppm, some will mine even less! Doubtful that you could find a piece of ground with 62 ppm or any paydirt with 62 grams per ton.

2 pounds of felix paydirt cost either $95 or $145. $72.50/lb = $72,500 per ton = roughly 72 ounces per ton!

I'll give another example. This is a piece of private property right here in NJ that contains 5 precious metals...

10ppm is roughly 10 grams per ton
A cubic yard of soil is approximately 1 1/2 tons.

Below I used 200' x 200' as an acre. An acre is a bit larger. I calculated using 18' deep but the reports are to 20'

AU = Gold is about $1100. per ounce
TI = Titanium is abour $20 per pound
PD = Paladium is about $435. per ounce
PT = Platinum is about $1500. per ounce
RH = Rhodium is about $2,860 per ounce

200' x 200' x 18' = 720,000. / 27 = 26,666. x 1.5 = 40,000 tons

Per Acre Calculations of the ground in NJ...

Gold = $35/gram x 10 = $350 x 40,000 = $14,000,000.

Palladium = $14/gram x 1 = $64.40 x 40,000 = $560,000.

Platinum = $48/gram x 4.6 = $220.80 x 40,000 = $8,832,000.

Rhodium = $92/gram x 2.2 = $202.40 x 40,000 = $8,096,000.

Titanium = $20/pound x 2.2 = $44 x 40,000 = $1,760,000.

Total Value of the precious metals...

$33,248,000 per acre. Yes $33+ Million per acre 18' deep

$0.41 cents per pound (and unknowing people pay $72.50/pound?)

$831.20 per ton is the actual value of the precious metals in one acre in NJ.

In the examples above the ground in NJ, with $33 million+ in precious metals per acre is worth $831.20 per ton (0.41 cents a pound) The two examples selling paydirt above are charging $72,500 and $59,900. per ton! ($72.50/lb & $29.95/lb)

Do you think anyone is selling paydirt worth buying?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry. Your numbers are skewed. You are comparing concentrates to basically topsoil. There is a difference. That's why they are called concentrates. ???

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enamel7 said:
I'm sorry. Your numbers are skewed. You are comparing concentrates to basically topsoil. There is a difference. That's why they are called concentrates. ???

I have to agree to a point. It is topsoil and not concentrates but the topsoil has the actual values I posted per ton and per pound. Do any concentrates have those actual value? No! The concentrates do not have anywhere close to the value of the metals in the top soil. Concentrated or not the actual value of metals in the soil is 0.41 cents a pound. Surely the unconcentrated top soil contains way more precious metals than the concentrated paydirt selling for much more than 0.41 cents a pound. 177 times more than 0.41 cents a pound while containing much less precious metals. A whole lot less.

If you not only concentrated but completly processed and collected ALL of the metals in the top soil then the top soil has a value of 0.41 cents a pound.

$29.95/pound = $59,900.00 per ton ! At $1,000 per ounce you would have to have about 60 ounces of gold in each ton of concentrates to = $59,900.00 per ton. It's about 1866 parts per million. Mining companies will mine less than 1 ppm.

The gold in my NJ example is 10ppm. 10 grams per ton. At $35/gram a ton has $350 worth of gold. 0.17 cents worth of gold per pound.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To make a comparison you would have to know how many tons of material were ran to get the 1lb of concentrates. This is an unknown factor. Plus if you get at least a gram of gold in concentrates it is definitely valued at more than 41 cents.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Can't speak for anyone else,
But when I Buy concentrates
it simply for the Practice and Expierence
of Finding gold.

I Expect Concentrates to be
From an area that has Gold
But I Also expect it to
be seeded with at least one
picker, Some Tiny Grains
and some Flower Gold.

I Won't pay alot for it,
Because it's not like I'm going
to be able to go downtown
& sell my Panned gold here in
Eastern PA :tongue3:

I Know some say use Lead to Practice
But trust me it's not the same
as seeing color, even when you know the color
is in there.

Personally I Never paid more then
$25 for a 4 finger bag of concentrates.

or more then $10 for a 2 finger bag of seeded sand.

I Never "Bought" thru the mail
& Usually look at the dirt laying on the table
till I see gold before I Choose which
one I'm Buying

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
I Can't speak for anyone else,
But when I Buy concentrates
it simply for the Practice and Expierence
of Finding gold.

Hi Jeff,

What part of eastern PA? I'm in NJ about 5 miles from the Betsy Ross or Tacony bridges. I myself buy paydirt when I'm here as I need it to test things that I make. I use the same stuff over and over again. I also buy the cheapest stuff I can find. The stuff I'm using now is from a seller on ebay. He shows a trommel, highbanker and other equipment in his add but claims to not process the paydirt. It's obviusly not true and exactly what I want to use to test my stuff.

Nick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread