Felixes free dirt sample

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright I kinda laugh about this paydirt stuff but since I live in ohio kinda thinking of trying it. They have a sample pack for 2 bucks I'm going to try it. Now who thinks ill just get the 2 bucks back. Just like with the bigger bags or buckets I think you'll get just enough back to keep you going. Like the lottery. Lol so am I wrong, does anyone use it?

Upvote 0

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Be warned you will be added to their marketing list.

I got a free sample and now I get automated phone calls and flyers in the mail all the time from them. I should've put a fake phone # when I ordered. ;)

I got a good amount of gold in the free sample though.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got mine just to try it so when I first started with this gold prospecting thing I would know exactly how to pan,and what the gold actually did.
Put it this way,I put it in a glass vile,the stock ones all mineing supply stores sell.
And there are at least,6-8 flakes that show up really good.
Of course the water enhances them,but they sure look good.
And actually,even without the water,can still be seen easily.

Did I get my $2 back.
Maybe?Maybe not?Maybe $1, maybe .50 cents. Does not matter to me.
I have gold in my vile,and now know what to look for,and exactly how gold behaves in my Garrett pan.
And of course he wants more business.
Would I do it again, sure would.

OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe ill try it, heck I can go out today and md 2 bucks worth of clad. Ill just use my txting nber so the dude can't bug me lol. The fliers and junk mail I read all that anyways. I'm not really worried about getting my money back I didn't mean it that way was just trying to gauge what you get.

My only concern is that the people who buy alot of it don't get what they should. If its fine dirt then that means its screened and classified. So that mean you don't get virgin dirt so if you buy a bucket those nuggets over 1/4 in are problay gone. But like I said I live in ohio so for someone like me that can't afford a trip
To Alaska it's worth the 3500 for a bucket. You could barely get airfare for that lol.

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the free sample and found 3 nice little pieces, I did not put it up and when I got back the kids had dumped it in various places in the house panned a couple loads from sweeping the hardwood floors and never saw gold again :( wherre is the $2 deal I'd like to try again.
Chris

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alright I kinda laugh about this paydirt stuff but since I live in ohio kinda thinking of trying it. They have a sample pack for 2 bucks I'm going to try it.

Don't let anyone tell you different, Ohio has plenty of gold.
It will never compare to out west but there's plenty enough here to enjoy finding yourself instead of spending money on pay dirt.
Where abouts in Ohio are you?

OP
OP
N

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for you replies, went and got 2 bucks in clad tonight so problay send for it tonight lol. Ill problay try hitting Slovak creek that cuts a glacial moraine right in half so I'm going to try it sometime before this winter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread