fellow oregon diggers HELP!!

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
FIRST METAL DETECTOR,GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok guys iv been at this for a few weeks and love it but i need help,In the month i'v had my detector iv gotten nothing!!!!!! but pool tabs, I just moved here and historic map works.com, and historic areials .com are GREAT!!! but lacking in details i need,is there anyone out there who can help me plz,id be greatful i live in lincoln city,oregon

Last edited:
OP
OP
zag

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok guys iv been at this for a few weeks and love it but i need help,In the month i'v had my detector iv gotten nothing!!!!!! but pool tabs, I just moved here and historic map works.com, and historic areials .com are GREAT!!! but lacking in details i need,is there anyone out there who can help me plz,id be greatful i live in lincoln city,oregon

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Cheapo Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there. I'm from Portland and also pretty new to this. I did make a couple trips to the beach around Newport and had the same problems with nothing but pull tabs and junk on the beach. I bet you might have some luck around the beach area by Mo's. I'm also thinking that Seaside would be a decent spot on the sand due to all the spring break traffic they get out there. What kind of areas have you been searching?

OP
OP
zag

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well iv been searching on private property that borders hwy 101 being that it was the same road they traveld by wagon with in the late 1800's but iv also been recently searching old buildings that were burnt down and never rebuilt on found a 1945 dime FINALLY!! first coin and a mexican paeso in the same yard i underestimated the research end im just going to fold and buy the old historical maps of my area that will give me more detail then what i can find online

Delpirt

Feb 19, 2013
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Cheapo Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
zag

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info ill look at the sites now

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not from Oregon, but will share this with you. I have a slightly expensive detector I took with me on a climb to the top of one of the small rock outcroppings they call mountains and peaks here. There was places I had to crawl, literally throwing(Gently) my detector ahead of me to get there. Now I start to detect on top in what appears to be a large camp area. Made me wonder how they got the pack animals up there. Anyhow I find a Lincoln penny. I could have done that in the park, less wear on me and my truck. My point is you gotta look, and pull tabs just mean your close to people. My cure for too many pull tabs was a better detector. You probably have come to that thought yourself. Maps are ok, old pictures are better, and old timers will get you the best info. Good luck and don't beat your detector up too much, it is doing what it is made to do.

dubmurphy

Greenie
May 7, 2012
If you're finding pulltabs at least you know your detector can find gold rings, as they both fall in the same conductivity range. Besides we all dig pulltabs. I think the biggest mistake newbs make is thinking that they are doing something wrong when they dig a bunch of junk. We all do, that's how you find the good stuff.

Doc722

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2013
Bend, OR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya Zag...talked to you a few weeks ago when I was coming over to LC for a little get away...Pull tabs are a *****, but such is the life...After awhile, you will figure out the signal they give off, but like someone said, gold is pretty much in the same area, so unless your 110% confident on what it is, dig it!! Anyway, on our trip to the beach, I found a TON of pull tabs and bottle tops, but also a little over a dollar in change...all modern...I had a friend come with us and we decided to share the MD...So, we were working together in the backyard of the rental we were at and he found a .925 SILVER FREAKING BRACELET...lol...my MD and he gets the great find...Anyway, didn't get a pick put it was pretty thin and like a 3/4 type bracelet...BUT STILL FREAKING COOL...Anyway, keep at it...

jtomlinson

Jan 3, 2013
Newport
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75, Garret pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay I live in Newport!!! I would be willing to help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread