Fer coins

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Thanks onmi is that the only one that falls in that catagory. I sure hope tomorrow is dry and I can go out and use my coin garden. Between the snow and rain I've about had it. Could you please send your nice weather up here for a week or two. :'(
Mchamy

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
It's the only obvious one I could think of off the top of my head! I am not that knowledged in the field of coin collecting though. 8)

R

rvbvetter

I have a ML expII also and i've wondered the same thing. The only guess i've come up with is perhaps some of those ancient coins they find in europe. Or some third world country uses ferrous metals to make their coins. I've only found 1 43 wheat, and itwas so badly corroded i was barely able to make out lincoln under magnavacation. Usually they disolve in the soil. HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm not mistaken, Canadian coins fall under that also

poolboy

Mar 27, 2005
your right jeff . have A 1965 canadian nickel here and A magnet sticks right to it.

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Thanks Jeff I'll have to make note of that as we do have a lot of Canadian coins in our area.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Magnets have always stuck to Canadian nickles.. Now, pretty well ALL Canadian coins but Penny's are magnetic (the 2003 excepted) and show up in the iron range, except the toonies and loonies, they are large, and generally show up just outside that range.. In Canada, it your looking for coins, you gotta dig EVERYTHING.. Like I've said before, you might be better off just dragging a rake and a magnet across the beach.. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread