Fernandina Bch

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hi I live not far from there (callahan) --- you can detect most of the beach areas except for the southern tip of amelia island ( the whole nassau sound area is an aquatic preserve area sadly -- I know I have found a shipwreck in the sound area and the whole area surronding it nearby is "off limits" to metal detecting -- I'm trying now to get a permit to work the site ) however from around the american beach area running northward is generally ok --(a few of the big name hotel spots "frown" on beach metal detecting folks --- around the sadler road beach (sliders) and more northern end of the island at "main" beach near fletcher and atlantic (theres an old 1810 to 1816 era british "lumber trade wreck" off main beach bit of copper hull sheathing -- bronze nails and bits of plate shards are found fairly often --hunting is ok --- same tihing around ninth st beach --- you can hunt in the park running southward from the fishing pier provided you ask the rangers and get the ok first and enter from the park )so they get their park enterance "fee" -- they tend to frown on folks just walking up the beach into the park and hunting for free and without their ok first.

general beach rules --water line to dune foot --stay out of the dunes --its a ticket to distutb the dunes or the
endangered sea oats.

old town being a historic area is off limits as is the historic area of fernandina proper for the same reason .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread