NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barely had much time to unpack from Jamaica trip
My parents rented a cottage on the Cape for the week - my father was supposed to go on fishing trip with Whydah
but due to conditions - it was canceled - they gave me a call and said they were just hanging out and if I wanted
to come down for a few nights - there was plenty of room - so I went down
Right after Labor Day- beachs for the most part close down - the gates are left open - you don't have to pay to park
locals usually hammer every beach in sight - I know guys that take their vacations that week just to hunt nonstop
and the retirees are out there every day anyways - I brought my new hooka system out to test and planned on taking advantage
of the full moon negative tides with my mask & snorkel. I ended up hitting 4 beaches - here are the results
4 old gold rings - 1964 class ring - 1957 class ring - 1952 class ring - antique gold ring with red stone
2 silver rings - 5 silver religious medals
1 silver half - 14 silver quarters (3 stand.lib., 1 Barber) - 10 silver dimes (5 mercs, 5 sil.Roos.)
and 6 Buffalo nickles
all water finds
Beach 1
sepcap1.JPG
sepcap2.JPG
sepcap3.JPG
Beach 2 - sil.relig.medal - 2 sil. Wash.quart.
sepcap4.JPG
sepcap5.JPG
Beach 3 - hooka test site - out up to around 10 feet down at low tide (thin ring is silver)
sepcap6.JPG
Beach 4 - Found an area way out at negative low tide - hit it at AM low and then PM low (will definitely be going back here)
All these spots get hammered - but as far as I know - Im the only one getting out there with mask & snorkel
From chest on in here - its a ghost town - all the recent drops are gone - but out in no mans land - seemed practically virgin
sepcap7.JPG
sepcap10.JPG
sepcap8.JPG
sepcap9.JPG
IT WAS FUN!!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You bet EVERYONE was on the beach after Labor Day. I did my best to clean all the beaches before they got here, but I only succeeded in cleaning them out for my post Labor Day hunt. I counted 12 detectorists IN the water at one beach and many many dig holes. If my memory is correct, there was only one beach were I did not see another detectorist. I met detectorist from all over New England, New Jersey and California as well as the locals in the water. In 130 hours a group I was with did not find a single gold ring, I heard the group of some 10 odd detectorists had only 3 gold between all of them. You did well with your plan of attack.

I thank you for taking your share of trash out of the water, even though I have had days when a piece of trash would have been a welcome target. If I should find the engine block, I will leave your hot spot area - you deserve the chance to return to it. HH until we get together for another hunt.
I ran into the NJ guys - I ran into one other guy -you may know him - mxt user holds coil 6 in off the ground on dry sand
that block is out past where you go - like in 6 feet of water at extreme low - but if you find it - have at it and good luck - lot of big targets like area I hunted with you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread