Few finds in a slow year

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't found a whole lot this year. Lost a couple of fields due to no till, but was given access to some new fields. Didn't get much time to look before crops were planted. Here are some of the better finds. The display case shown are all creek finds many of which I've already posted. All the others are field finds (couple of drills, adze...). The little black serrated point (hope someone can tell me the type as it looks a little "Hardawayish or Rowan) was a creek find. Good luck out there.

20190619_123653.jpg 20190619_124355.jpg 20190619_124433.jpg 20190619_124742.jpg 20190619_124753.jpg

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slow for me too. Everything I normally hunt is under water right now. I'm having a hard time being patient for the water to drop so I can find something......

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slow for me as well but I have found 2 pieces of pottery in the last week due to flash flooding in my creek :hello2: We got a lot of rain yesterday really fast and I walked to the creek after work and was very happy to see it has totally reset itself, new sandbars, pebble bars and rock bars so am looking forward to spending time in there this weekend. Your finds are excellent and awesome!

Out Of Time

Apr 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that group represents a slow year then you must be hunting some very special territory.

That's a great collection of all kinds of lithics.

Stand-outs are the big points, the adzes or spades, the bifurcate and the white serrated beauty.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I think you have been holding out on us ..... there’s some really nice points in there , some of those are insane looking particularly that bifurcated point in the first frame all the way to the right in center of the row .... what do think about that one ? And the killer serrated one to the left of it is wicked looking .... any close up pics of those 2 ? I would call that a great year for only being summer .... especially when compared to my year lol

OP
OP
P

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I think you have been holding out on us ..... there’s some really nice points in there , some of those are insane looking particularly that bifurcated point in the first frame all the way to the right in center of the row .... what do think about that one ? And the killer serrated one to the left of it is wicked looking .... any close up pics of those 2 ? I would call that a great year for only being summer .... especially when compared to my year lol

Well, most of the points in the display case were found in the last few years and I posted previously. I just couldn't remember which ones I earlier posted and which were not so I showed the whole display. I know that some of the triangle bird points have not been shown. The bifurcated point I did find in Jan. of this year and was found in a different creek than all the rest. The new fields I've been given permission to hunt have been big tool sites...adze, scrapers....I've found a lot of broken. I consider any find a good find. The killer serrated point in the display I found a couple of years ago and I'm surprised you didn't hear me shout when I found it. Hope someone will tell me what the black, broken, serrated point might be. Thanks

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, most of the points in the display case were found in the last few years and I posted previously. I just couldn't remember which ones I earlier posted and which were not so I showed the whole display. I know that some of the triangle bird points have not been shown. The bifurcated point I did find in Jan. of this year and was found in a different creek than all the rest. The new fields I've been given permission to hunt have been big tool sites...adze, scrapers....I've found a lot of broken. I consider any find a good find. The killer serrated point in the display I found a couple of years ago and I'm surprised you didn't hear me shout when I found it. Hope someone will tell me what the black, broken, serrated point might be. Thanks

That’s a tough call on that one from the ears up it looks like a Kirk Serrated but those ears almost have a hardaway look to them .... I think in either case it’s likely an early archaic time frame , it’s a heartbreaker for sure

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice artifacts! You’ve got some good material variety and point types in NC.
Love to hear the story on that thin black triangle (bottom center). It looks slightly pentagonal just at the tip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions