Few good Boxes 1 Bad Bank

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So its friday and restocking day for the shop so off I go to Sam's. Figure Im just a passenger so stop by this bank, no halves but i score a box of dimes. Search them on the way to town clear wrappers make this easy peezy, out pop 3 rosies 61,63,63.

Drop my dumps off and pick up products going back to the shop. Finished for the day so i goto the local bank and pick up a box of cents, dimes and nickles. Dimes are a skunk. Nickles Rocked!! 45p and a 45s which was an ender and a 1906 V nickle.

I then collect the mail, certified letter from a dump bank, Mr. Xiao en you have until march 23 to close your account or we will do it for you. Bummer still I plan to talk to the bank manager that sent the letter on Monday. So that he knows that before this account was even opened that I was up front in my purpose of the account and that i was told it was ok to bring in 3-4k per month. That his employees tell me one thing then it changes. Ahhh well when one door closes another one opens.

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What bank is this? I want to make sure I am not giving them my business. Unreal 4k a month is nothing in coin. Did you take it all to this one branch?

OP
OP
Xiao en

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a local bank that has 8 to 10 branches across 3 towns.

Yes over the last few weeks they all went to the main branch (cents, nickles, dimes no halves) but at thier request because they have a coin counter there. Before i would roll them back up to exchange at any of the branch banks as they will not accept the loose in bags only rolled and I was able to spread them around.

IMO one of the tellers is a very angry woman that hates the world, her job , life in general and was quite snippy with me on a couple occasions. Simply my CRH hobby added extra work to her or the other counter girls. I did not accept a debit card or checks so the bank isnt making anything from my account. Cant fault what they did just dont like the way it came about.

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xiao en said:
It is a local bank that has 8 to 10 branches across 3 towns.

Yes over the last few weeks they all went to the main branch (cents, nickles, dimes no halves) but at thier request because they have a coin counter there. Before i would roll them back up to exchange at any of the branch banks as they will not accept the loose in bags only rolled and I was able to spread them around.

IMO one of the tellers is a very angry woman that hates the world, her job , life in general and was quite snippy with me on a couple occasions. Simply my CRH hobby added extra work to her or the other counter girls. I did not accept a debit card or checks so the bank isnt making anything from my account. Cant fault what they did just dont like the way it came about.

I am sorry to hear that. See if you can keep the account and buy coin and never bring back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread