Few Park and Yard Finds

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok this is the follow up to my original post titled 'GTAx Still Works'. I decided to re-post because I wasn't sure if putting pics on the old post would show it as updated or not.

Anyway, yes my GTAx has done well just in two short hunts. Of the pics, the 1920 wheat, hybrid rose tag, clad, mood ring and faucet head were found using my Ace 250 and At Pro.

The 1951 and 1957 D wheats, glitzy ring and religious pendant were found yesterday and today with my GTAx(i did find about 20 clad coins too but didn't bother with a photo). I find that i am digging much deeper for coins with the GTAx than my other two detectors. It might be because of the coil. The GTAx is usually pretty good at silencing the trash, but you do tend to dig it still...unfortunately a bit more iron than the AT Pro of course, but no where near as many bottle caps as the AT Pro. And one odd thing about the GTAx I have noticed over my others, I always seem to dig large round items with it...I don't know why that is, maybe the coil again? By 'round' i mean items that are at least 2" diameter...and often brass. Dug some thing at the park like this today, not sure what it is though.

So, I am going to dig a lot more with my old Cadillac GTAx for the next few days and see what else I find.

GL & HH!

Attachments

• IMG_2270.JPG
    IMG_2270.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2274.JPG
    IMG_2274.JPG
    535.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 107
Upvote 4

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what is the ring? The metal? Stones? Any idea?

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice finds !! :icon_thumleft: :hello2:

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Sovereignlite: The ring looks plated, some of the plating is worn away on the band and there is darker discoloration underneath therefore, leads me to think that the stones are most likely nothing special. I will still have a jeweler look them over, but I don't think anyone would put expensive stones in a crappy metal setting...or would they? The inside of the band has no marking on it at all. I am not hopeful but it sure is glitzy. By the way, you have a killer 2013 finds list. ;)

Thanks also to vpnavy and mo dirt diggin for comments! :)

OP
OP
Jarl

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Argentium, but I am afraid it probably isn't as 'hot' as it looks. But it's still a ring and goes in my collection. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread